Exercise Recommendations using only a kettle bell please! :)

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been sick for DAYS so I haven't been to the gym, but I am just starting to feel a little better. I think I am well enough to do a little at home and my boyfriend bought me a 20lb kettle bell for mother's day that I really want to try out. I have no space or money right now... so am looking fo things I can do with either only my body weight or only a kettlebell and I will try them out tomorrow assuming I feel even better.

Main target areas for me:
Glutes
Chest
Abdomen

Arms, legs all that are good too so feel free to post suggestions for anything but I want to work on those areas specifically (abdomen is my main trouble area obviously since I'm dieting and still "obese" for 7 more pounds lol). I don't care as much about my arms and legs but I would like them to stay strong too, obviously.

Any videos are especially appreciated as I'm exercise stupid and I never think I'm doing it right so I'm the kind of person who will push way hard and injure themselves because I think it's too easy I must be doing it wrong. Lol. So yes videos, pictures whatever you got would be really appreciated!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to Google"kettlebell videos" and look through them to see what appeals to you. What you can do with a 20# kb depends entirely on your current strength Level. 0# would be too light for me for some exercises and too heavy for others.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I encourage you to Google"kettlebell videos" and look through them to see what appeals to you. What you can do with a 20# kb depends entirely on your current strength Level. 0# would be too light for me for some exercises and too heavy for others.

All I have is 20 so Ill work it out. :) IDK what I can do with it yet. I can lift it so that's a start right? Lol.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Kettlebell is something where form matters A LOT. You can injure yourself......be careful. Live instruction would best.

Paul Katami: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9UxsP8Ww8

Lauren Brooks: https://www.youtube.com/user/kbellqueen
    Check out tutorials section

If you have access to library videos look for Sarah Lurie

^These are seasoned kettlebell instructors.....not jump on the latest bandwagon for money (ie: Jillian M....horrible form)
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Goblet squats, snatches, swings, lunges, Turkish get ups,
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will watch the video asap too :)
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    There's a channel on YouTube called Bodyfit by Amy and she has tons of kettlebell workouts, she's my go to.
  • lioness1910
    lioness1910 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Check out Tracy Reifkind's book and You Tube videos. I like her "how to" video that show good form for it. She lost gobs of weight by doing kettle bells. She's inspirational. Good luck!