55 and over Weight loss

Options
Hi! My name is Sue I would like to know if anyone in my age group has a problem with Wei8 Gain? Iam eating the same and walk at work over 10 Thousand Steps each work day Why do I still gain Weight?

Replies

• cmswampscott
    cmswampscott Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue, I'm Carol and I feel your pain. I just started a new job and have been eating out of the vending machine at work. Just getting back to MFP for a real commitment but need support :)
  • fattylivis
    fattylivis Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Seems that our metabolisms slow down once we hit the 50's. Try changing your diet, introduce new foods. Feel free to add me. Good luck and believe in yourself!!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes weight loss is much slower as you get older, it still can be done but st s slower pace. Good luck
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is always calories in vs. calories out. As we age we have a tendency to lose lean muscle mass (use it or lose it). Muscle burns calories at rest (fat does not). So, you want to lose weight, but keep muscle loss to a minimum.

Look up your TDEE (maintenance) and take a modest cut. Weigh or measure portions and log them. A digital food scale is going to be the most accurate for solids & semi-solids.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

To help keep lean muscle - adequate protein, strength/resistance training and a moderate deficit.