Exercise burn calculator?

Options
What is the best means to calculate Calorie burn via exercise? If mfp accurate? So far I have lost 47lbs using the mfp calculator only but I want to get more accurate with my exercise burn or is it accurate enough? I usually do hiit of running and speedwalking

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You have lost 47 pounds! Awesome! The data is right in front of you, in your food diary.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Why would you change?
    If you are getting the desired results then clearly it's accurate enough for you.

Some exercise entries on here are comical but it could be that the ones you use regularly are good enough so the comical ones have no relevance to you.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you want to cross check, try Spark People.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    mehreen_xo wrote: »
    What is the best means to calculate Calorie burn via exercise? If mfp accurate? So far I have lost 47lbs using the mfp calculator only but I want to get more accurate with my exercise burn or is it accurate enough? I usually do hiit of running and speedwalking

You've got results with it ... continue to use it. :)

And MFP is reasonably accurate when people are reasonably realistic with it. It sounds like you fall into the realistic category.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    What you're doing is working well so you may not getting any benefit from getting more accurate.

If you do though, your best bet is to get a decent heart rate based fitness tracker. It'll have its own issues, but that's the next step I'd say.