Wedding Rings

Options
13»

Replies

• TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Not married yet so no wedding ring. These are my engagment rings. One I got 5 years ago and the diamond sadly fell out so at Christmas I got a lovely new one

vnfksloszt6b.jpg

you've been engaged for 5 years??

Yes we have been

I used to work with someone who got engaged back in 2010 and they're just finally getting married this summer.

Meanwhile I got engaged and married within just over a year.

Yeah we knew it was going to be a long engagement we are not in the right financial situation to have a wedding even a small one
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Not married yet so no wedding ring. These are my engagment rings. One I got 5 years ago and the diamond sadly fell out so at Christmas I got a lovely new one

vnfksloszt6b.jpg

you've been engaged for 5 years??

Yes we have been

I used to work with someone who got engaged back in 2010 and they're just finally getting married this summer.

Meanwhile I got engaged and married within just over a year.

Yeah we knew it was going to be a long engagement we are not in the right financial situation to have a wedding even a small one

It was the same thing for my coworker. She had two kids who were just out of high school and her fiancee had two kids who I think were about 5 and 7 at the time so they had other things to deal with first.

We will one day, hopefully soon
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Taken shortly after we got engaged. I actually don't have a wedding band, even though we've been married for a while, now. The jeweler who designed my ring died (!) and we haven't gotten around to finding another one to make the band. And I love it as a stand-alone piece, anyway.

2hj4vsm6jip2.jpg
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Beautiful ring, classy bracelet and flawless manicure. Very nice ensemble overall!

Thanks! The rest of me is normally a mess so I appreciate this.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My first wedding ring in 1983 was a very thin and cheap starter ring which fit me then but I gained weight and stopped wearing it. I don't know where it is now. My second was a less thin and still cheap ring from Wal-Mart. As I've lost enough to make it loose on me, I still wear it with a few inches of tape wrapped around it to artificially reduce the size of it. I intend to purchase a third soon, from bluenile.com. They have the lowest profit margin in the world and buyers get the most bling for their bucks anywhere.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Can't wear mine anymore. Fingers got too fat & it can't be resized because of the script around the outside. Someday in the near future & a few pounds shed down the road, I'll be able to wear it again.
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Can't wear mine anymore. Fingers got too fat & it can't be resized because of the script around the outside. Someday in the near future & a few pounds shed down the road, I'll be able to wear it again.

I got the same problem. I took mine off because I injured myself (I forget how) and my hand/fingers started to swell. I didn't put it on for awhile and I got fat and now it won't fit :'( Hopefully I get my *kitten* together again (really been struggling lately) and drop some weight so I can wear it again.