Cut Carbs and Gained unbelievably intense muscle spasms

Options
2»

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Discuss this with your doctor before you take any supplements.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I hope you realize that that's just a fancy way of making salt water?

If you say so; however, I get plenty of sodium every day by dissolving a couple of bouillon cubes in the appropriate amount of water and drinking 2 cubes daily. Kind of begs the question why this particularly "fancy way of making salt water" works for me when nothing else did, doesn't it? Also makes me wonder if it has more to do with the timing of when I'm getting the majority of my salts in, so more food for though. Hmmmm...
  • KetoKris
    KetoKris Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Pickle juice works for me.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    I wonder if I could fall back asleep after taking a shot of pickle juice?
    I wonder if a shot of something more interesting to help with taste would still allow it to be effective?

pickleback
  • txcraftr
    txcraftr Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Dill pickle juice worked in seconds for me. Great stuff. It has lots of nutrients that leach out of the cucumbers and helps the cramps go away amazingly fast.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    I am on Keto / Paleo and I have many of the same issues you described.

I found that adding more healthy fats - especially organic animal fat, peanut butter, coconut oil made a difference. Also, when I am cramping up, I eat grass fed butter and it seems to help.

<snip> because I have no desire to give this addition space

Good luck and friend me if you want! :smiley:

Completely inappropriate without speaking with her doctor first to ensure there will be no interactions with her existing medication regime.

OP, see your doctor about your concerns. FYI, people of all hair color build tolerance to narcotic analgesic. I know plenty of non-redheads who take large quantities and you would never know. It's a natural human response.
  • rebelmama1520
    rebelmama1520 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also low carbing. About three months now but last week my foot did the same thing. It looked like a prop for a horror flick. Went to the kitchen drank pickle juice and it was gone. Like it never happened.
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I made a magnesium spray and use that on my legs almost every night. It helps with the leg cramps and the restless leg syndrome. That is almost more annoying because it never goes away.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Another one to say you need to see your doctor. It could also be a side effect from the combination of the multiple strong drugs you are on.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    KetoKris wrote: »

My only problem with pickle juice is
    there's never enough of it in the jar. :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    KetoKris wrote: »

My only problem with pickle juice is
    there's never enough of it in the jar. :)

Isn't that the truth though?! ;)