I need a 3 day weighted exercise session if someone could help please

gemabbi
gemabbi Posts: 31 Member
Hi I'm only able to go to the gym 3 times a week I used to lift weighted but haven't done so in a few years now. Currently I do intervals on the treadmil but I need to tone. I'm on a low carb no refined sugar diet so I don't need to do heavy cardio now.
Thanks for you help

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Stronglifts 5x5 is a 3 day program and really simple.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    You could separate muscles by movement. I used to do a "Push/Pull/Leg" split when I didn't have much time to dedicate to the gym. I would often times substitute a team sport (like pick up basketball), or other form or cardio every other leg day as well. It worked really well for me.

The beauty of it for me was it was flexible and didn't have to be back to back to back. I could do push exercises on Monday, pull on Tuesday, and leg on Thursday if I wanted to, for example. As long as you keep the same rotation, you could work them on whatever days you wanted.

I couldn't give you an exact program to follow by any means because I switched up exercises by the week but if you do a bit of research and planning out a simple to follow routine this may be a good option for you.

Good luck @gemabbi !
  • gemabbi
    gemabbi Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you for taking your time to reply @MarvinsAMartian . I will do some research into this and come up with a plan.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    No problem @gemabbi ! Feel free to give me a shout if you need some more explanation.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Beginners like yourself usually do best with full-body workouts. That produces less soreness and less chance of injuries compared to split workouts, which is more for intermediate/advanced lifters. Follow a proven program for best results (Stronglifts, NROLFW, personal trainer, etc). :+1:
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    I 2nd the push-pull routine. If you miss a day then just keep the routine going next time you can go. I did a bodybuilding routine years ago and if I missed a day it sucked because I would have to wait til next week to do the missed day. With a push-pull routine its not as strict and I can miss a day and not feel bad about it.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    With stronglifts, you can also miss a day and just keep going with the next workout whenever it is. You wouldn't want to do 2 days in a row though, since it is full body. It basically works on an A/B/A, B/A/B rotation, 3 days a week. Or you can do A/B one week and B/A the next if you don't​ have 3 days to lift. If you want to make it a 4 day rotation, just do abab, baba get it?