Any other pear shaped ladies with a waist to hip ratio close to 0.6?

Options
I'm a pear shape with a hip to waist ratio of 0.61 also short at 5'2". How is your weight loss going? Share your challenges and success stories If you have close to similar ratio. If you are not aware of the ratio just divide your narrowest waist measurement by your hip measurement to get your number.

Replies

• KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I could be considered pear shaped (or not). I don't know but anyways, my ratio is 0.63 and am 5'6. Originally lost over 70 pounds then bulked and recomped and now re-losing some of my bulk pounds (only 5-10 to go).
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a pear but it is possible to lose those inches. It's just slow! I've lost 3 inches on my hips and 2 on my thighs since January. But what a difference those 3 inches made. Recently I ordered a pair of pants online and they fit! It was a miracle. Pant shopping has always sucked for me.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    0.7 here and weight loss is going fine. I don't see how this is relevant to weight loss.
  • essexgirl1971
    essexgirl1971 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    first of all i had to google how to do my waist to hip ratio, its 0.66. i am pearshaped and its the bottom half of my body is the first place i gain and last place i lose weight. since january 9th i have lost 6 inches off my and i think 4 inches off each thigh. this is a combination of diet and exercise. still got a few inches to go .
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped but no idea what my hip to waist ratio is... But my weight loss is consistent with how much food I put in my mouth if that's any help?
  • sarahshinks2233
    sarahshinks2233 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My ratio is 0.72, some things I have noticed about working out: leggings/shorts with no drawstring are not an option for any workout involving impact and ALWAYS check transparency of althetic pants prior to walking out the door. I will definitely have to pull up my leggings at least twice during any workout, haha I have gotten much more comfortable doing this in public because it's better than plumber butt. These are probably the same for anyone else as well, but they are things that I learned the hard way. I think everything is pretty much the same as everyone goes through.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just googled. I'm .68 with a 27 inch waist and 40 inch hips. I used to have a 29 inch waist and 44 inch hips (whoa baby) and I've NEVER had larger than a 34 inch bust.

My challenge was getting my legs and butt to lean out. I'm 5'4" and a heavy lifter, so at 128 (my leanest) I wanted to bulk. My legs were still fatty but you could see every rib without sucking in or manipulating it. Size x-s shirts were sometimes too big. My chest was absolutely non-existent and odd looking. I cried in a Victoria's Secret because I couldn't get a bra to fit (that place is stupid and cheap anyway).

Anyway, one of goals after my initial hip decrease from 44 inches to 37, was to build my butt back UP again but with muscle. Now my hips are at 40 inches and look WAY better than the 37 inches.

I miss that 26 inch waist though. Crop top waist.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My hip to waist ratio is .68 and I'm 5'3. I've lost inches around my hips, but it's not as noticeable as the rest of my body.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    0.7 here and weight loss is going fine. I don't see how this is relevant to weight loss.

It can be relevant beyond the scale. How is it not relevant? She just asked to share stories.
  • sarahshinks2233
    sarahshinks2233 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My ratio is 0.72, some things I have noticed about working out: leggings/shorts with no drawstring are not an option for any workout involving impact and ALWAYS check transparency of althetic pants prior to walking out the door. I will definitely have to pull up my leggings at least twice during any workout, haha I have gotten much more comfortable doing this in public because it's better than plumber butt. These are probably the same for anyone else as well, but they are things that I learned the hard way. I think everything is pretty much the same as everyone goes through.

I should have added that when I started out this process years ago my ratio was 0.61.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,7" with a ratio around 0.7. I lose in my mid section and face first, then chest and arms, thighs are always last.

The only frustrating thing when losing is that all of my pants get that space in the back above my butt. I'm sure you other pear shaped ladies know what I'm talking about. It's challenging to find pants that fit my thighs without an extra few inches around the waist line.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear too, not sure on ratio. Us pears seem to lose proportionately all over whereas apples seem to just lose their bellies. I've lost 70# and am the exact same shape (small waist, big butt and thighs), but a smaller version.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    .73 right now. The difference between my waist and hips has been between 12-14 inches throughout my weightloss, and I began with what I think was a quite severe bottom-heavy pear shape. But despite that my body surprised me and transformed to more hourglass in figure the closer I got to goal.

However my weightloss got interrupted by pregnancy, I had my baby, am up about 35 lbs now from my pre pregnancy weight, and am back to having more of a bottom-heavy figure again.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I'm 5,7" with a ratio around 0.7. I lose in my mid section and face first, then chest and arms, thighs are always last.

The only frustrating thing when losing is that all of my pants get that space in the back above my butt. I'm sure you other pear shaped ladies know what I'm talking about. It's challenging to find pants that fit my thighs without an extra few inches around the waist line.

Buying pants as I lose the weight has been frustrating for me. My waist gets smaller and hips just stay the same. So even if I go up in size then it's super big around my waist. I just want to wear shorts comfortably. Oh well I'll just keep working at it.

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    .75 and it used to be greater when I worked out less--that's really leaned my hips, but I still have the classic pear or hourglass shape. Weight from the hips is the last part to go, but it does go, eventually.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »

Buying pants as I lose the weight has been frustrating for me. My waist gets smaller and hips just stay the same. So even if I go up in size then it's super big around my waist. I just want to wear shorts comfortably. Oh well I'll just keep working at it.

Thankfully sundress season is here
  • acopeland321
    acopeland321 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am between a pear and hourglass (shoulders and hips are same width, but small chest) my ratio is .66 at 5'2. I would like to lose abother 2 inches off my hips but my waist is fine I think aside from a slight lower belly pooch.
  • Lashawn71188
    Lashawn71188 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 172 lb and my ratio is .68 My weight loss is going well. I'm down 53 since last November. My boobs and my stomach go first. I've been hitting my leg days hard and I do HIIT 2-3 a weeks as well. I always carry my weight below my waist but I'm hopeful that all the weight training and HIIT will get me some definition in my legs the closer I get to my goal weight.