I need help!

Options
laney4088
laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
Could someone tell me how many carbs I should have for the day or how to set up my macros?
I am set at 1200 cal a day and am having a hard time losing any weight. I have 100 to lose. I am getting really frustrated. I go to the gym 3-5 times a week. I workout for an hour, do treadmill and recumbent bike and then weights. I'm just not sure how to getting this weight lose thing moving.
Thanks,
Laney

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,993 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calories, not carbs. The default settings will work if you stay under calories.

You're eating more than you think.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    That. Macros don't cause weight loss. You can eat exclusively Twinkies and as long as you stay below your maintenance level of calories, you will lose weight.

Since a large body requires more calories, someone with 100 lbs to lose really should be losing at 1200. How are you counting your calories? Do you log and weigh everything? Have you seen a doctor about possible reasons such as medication that might make it hard to lose weight? Have you lost any weight since starting? How long have you been doing it?
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Burn more calories than you eat, that is the magic
  • laney4088
    Options
    I use this app to log my food, I have seen the dr and she thought I should eat carbs early in the day, I'm not on any meds so I have to be more diligent in my logging. I really appreciate any feedback, It really helps. thank you :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Here is a thread from the Getting Started section:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    Use a kitchen scale to weigh and log your foods -- you can buy one for about $20.00 in Walmart or Target.
  • laney4088
    Options
    Thanks again for everyone's help!
  • Godinme27
    Godinme27 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat I know..I've research that for someone with my height/weight age I should take in 1920 calories..but I'm still lost on the food I do have a food scale..I drink two veggie smoothies a day I walk 1hr or so daily and workout at gym 2 to 3x a week for 30 to hour..I'm confused as to what in doing wrong :neutral:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Godinme27 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat I know..I've research that for someone with my height/weight age I should take in 1920 calories..but I'm still lost on the food I do have a food scale..I drink two veggie smoothies a day I walk 1hr or so daily and workout at gym 2 to 3x a week for 30 to hour..I'm confused as to what in doing wrong :neutral:

Exercise improves your health. Weight loss happens in the kitchen.
    Eat less food than you were eating in the past. :) Eat enough protein and fat.

• mtek94
    mtek94 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    switch up your routine or diet, maybe your body has adapted, HIIT, keto, intermittent fasting are some examples and also calorie deflicit