Water intake

Options
Does water really help with weight loss... I honestly don't really like drinking water but have started drinking some since I've cut down on sugary drinks. I prob have 24oz of water a day and that's all I drink...is that terrible? Honestly there has been days when I don't drink anything because I'm not thirsty.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Staying hydrated helps prevent water retention. You don't have to drink a specific amount of water--the old eight glasses of water thing is not accurate. Drink to your thirst and remember that you get water from a lot of different foods (think of the juices in fruits for example) and beverages.

Have you tried any of the little flavor packets for water? Those can be pretty good. I don't use them often but do like the little Crystal Lite lemonade packets sometimes.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of most bottled water!!! I force myself to drink it everyday lol. My urine is typically pale yellow day to day without forcing myself to drink it. Honestly 32-48oz is freakishly plenty for me. This has not hindered my weight loss in any way :)
  • elisejtaylor3121
    elisejtaylor3121 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am not a big water drinker either (only drank it when I brushed my teeth!) , but I totally love soda water. I really have developed a craving for it, Give it a go.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If you are not dehydrated there is no need to do anything special. Water intake is overhyped when it comes to weight loss.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    as long as youre properly hydrated, its not an issue. its not that it heps wth weight loss, per say, but that sometimes the feelings of thirst can feel like hunger.

i drink 100+ ounces of water a day between coffee, plain water, and water mixed with drink mixes ( i like the tea with lemon powders). thats a LOT but im always thirsty and always have a drink (no medical conditions just always thirsty always have been lol)