Boosting metabolism & protein

Hi! I just started a meal plan that requires 6 small meals + 2 protein shakes all surrounding the set time I workout on. All meals include 4oz of chicken/turkey and 1c. of veggies. My pre and post meals include 1c of carbs as well. It's is going great so far but I noticed that each meal has 20+ grams of protein. How much protein is too much daily?
Thanks!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    It becomes a problem if you get so much protein that it crowds out other important nutrients or if you have something like kidney issues that would require lower protein. But 20g per meal at 6 meals a day is only 120g or so. That shouldn't be too much for most people.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    It's not too much protein, but it sounds like it's about 10X more complicated than you need. If it's motivating you right now, then rock on. But you should start your transition planning soon because it is not a sustainable plan.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Just make sure you get appropriate nutrition. You may need to take a multivitamin. I had to add potassium supplements in my routine, for example. If you look at your diary summary on your smart phone app it will give you a very thorough breakdown on nutrients. I use this daily to make sure I plan appropriately for key vitamins and minerals, and I adjust snacks and supplements when needed to fill the void.
  • SuePin02
    SuePin02 Posts: 29 Member
    Thank y'all for the input! Yes, this is just 2 week just start to get my metabolism going. No kidney issues, take daily vitamins <3
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    SuePin02 wrote: »
    Thank y'all for the input! Yes, this is just 2 week just start to get my metabolism going. No kidney issues, take daily vitamins <3

your metabolism works all the time. its not going to get it going,if its not working you are dead.veggies are also carbs
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    SuePin02 wrote: »

your metabolism works all the time. its not going to get it going,if its not working you are dead.veggies are also carbs

This. Plus meal frequency is irrelevant - does eating that many times suit your lifestyle and personal preferences for food?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    The title indicates this is about metabolism but you just talk about what you are eating. What you eat doesn't increase metabolism. Exercise is what increases your metabolism.