Options
1235»

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I bought 2 packs of Hawaiian rolls in honor of this thread. :laugh:

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO lol

In even more honor of this thread... I bought King's Hawaiian Hot Dog rolls for this weekend's BBQ. :grin:
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with bread, and sugar.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    garber6th wrote: »
    I bought 2 packs of Hawaiian rolls in honor of this thread. :laugh:

I live near King's Hawaiian restaurant and the best part about eating there is you get complimentary rolls with your meal.

ETA - no food is the enemy.

I agree - our brains are the enemy. If we could figure out how to shut off the craving/constant thought of things we want, losing weight would be a lot simpler.

That's basically the thesis of my approach. I asked myself that question years back and worked on the answer. The answer I found is...you cannot and shouldn't shut off. However, one can very effectively manage it through effective managing of calories and eating schedule. Craving won't be around if you satisfy it. No thoughts if you're not hung up. That means, you truly eat. But what about creating a deficit? This is where your brain comes in. Conditioning. Scheduling. Identifying patterns, reactions of the body. It's as easy as we are conditioned not to get up at 1am to grill a steak to satisfy some impulse. No such urge or impulse.

For me, it has to be like this to be sustainable. I won't carry a scale everywhere, won't skip company's free ice cream/churros day, won't turn down a friend's offer to take me out. Cheers.