I found myself judging people at the gym

Options
I was at the gym doing circuit training (15 min, treadmill, rowing, elliptical, mixed with squats and crunches) and while I was there I noticed this pretty overweight guy taking a seriously long time to get on a machine. He was messing with his bag, his water, and when he finally got on the stair machine walked off immediately.

I was thinking, "Maybe he's new to this, so he has to get started." Later he came back and stood on a machine next to me. He spent a lot of time messing with his iPhone and then finally started the elliptical -- for about five minutes. Then got off and proceeded to mess with his iPhone again. I thought to myself, "You are not taking this seriously. Come back when you are."

Ugh, I realized what I was doing and felt a little bad. I don't know his story. Maybe that's the best he can do and he's embarrassed? Maybe he's just lazy and told his wife he was going to the gym so she would quit hounding him? Maybe he's dealing with an illness?

I realized I didn't know enough about him and I needed to pay attention to what I was doing, so I did.