Under Armour hardware

Options
Hi!
Does anybody use the under armour hrm and/or the under armour band.
I'm using the Garmin vivosmart hr but I'm thinking about to change or to use the hrm next to the Garmin vivosmart.
I've noticed that the Garmin doesn't get my heart rate correct.
I use a hrm with my rowing machine but that doenst work with any app .
And which apps do you use also beside my fitness pal? I use the ua record and the ua mapmyfitness.

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't use any UA gadgets but my guess is that all of the gear they sell is made by someone else and just branded w/their logo. Someone else here can probably tell you what is made by whom.

I use a Garmin HRM w/my Concept2 rowing that is ANT+ compliant and will work w/some apps and other devices. I also use an old Omron that only work w/the predigital device on my LeMond RevMaster Pro spin bike.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    If it is a wrist based HRM, then I'm not surprised. Many folks have issues with them. They have to be on your arm "just right" to work. Too much of a PITA, in my opinion.

If you are using a Garmin chest strap then there must be something wrong. Is it old? Battery bad? Not wet enough?

I use a chest based HRM with my Garmin Forerunner. I use Garmin Connect to track my progress (and sync with MFP). When not running, I have a Garmin Vivomove to count steps (no HRM - it is real watch with a pedometer).