How often do you measure?

Options
My weight is coming off pretty smoothly, but I'm not happy with how quickly my waist is shrinking - I'm diabetic and hope to lose abdominal fat. I know you can't pick where to lose and the abdominal fat is typically the last to go, I'm just impatient.

My question is, for those who measure, how often do you do it? Once a week? More or less often? How long does it typically take you to lose an inch as compared to losing pounds?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Not very often, but I'm also very bad at it.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Once a month for me. No clue if this is typical, but here are my graphs:

tomb1euzmbuq.png
    2n7byzduxygm.png
    7c46d3g2xd3c.png

So, in 4 months of tracking, I've dropped about 1" off my hips/month, slightly more than that off my waist/month, and gone from 15.5 to 14.2 from my neck.
  • JosephReynolds94
    JosephReynolds94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also measure once a month. I want to see results when I subject myself to the tape. If you do it weekly, even when you're slimming down, the numbers may not budge as much. Monthly you will see a noticeable drop in measurement.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Once a month. No idea about inches. I didn't measure often while in the middle of my big weight loss. Be prepared for your waist to seem not to lose for a looooong time. It's common for abdominal fat to be slow to go.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It's reassuring to know I shouldn't expect much difference in less than about a month.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    once a month. sometimes every 2 months.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Once in a while. Sometimes I've gained water weight and need assurance that yeah, I'm skinny.