Almond Milk

Options
pomegranatecloud
pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
edited May 2017 in Food and Nutrition
For those of you that buy almond milk, what's your favorite brand? I usually make my own or buy Pacific, Blue Diamond, or 365. I'm just curious what brand others prefer.

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I just buy whatever is on sale
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Alpro.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i just get the blue diamond 30 cal, taste great!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what brand it is, but whichever one is 30 calories I use with my protein powder.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I like Silk vanilla unsweetened, I have it in my coffee. It foams nicely.
  • pomegranatecloud
    Options

Do you use a frother? I just tried to make a cappuccino with Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk, and it did not get as frothy as I expected. I read that different brands froth more or less depending on their additives.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

Do you use a frother? I just tried to make a cappuccino with Blue Diamond unsweetened almond milk, and it did not get as frothy as I expected. I read that different brands froth more or less depending on their additives.
    Is the frother the foam nozzle on the machine? My husband is the cappuccino machine operator. He says almond milk is not quite as good as regular milk but not too bad. It has a tendency to make large bubbles instead of dense foam and you just have to pop them and keep going until it gets properly dense.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    silk cashew is even better 25 cal for unsweetened vanilla
  • pomegranatecloud
    Options

Is the frother the foam nozzle on the machine? My husband is the cappuccino machine operator. He says almond milk is not quite as good as regular milk but not too bad. It has a tendency to make large bubbles instead of dense foam and you just have to pop them and keep going until it gets properly dense.

No, I have a hand frother. Maybe I didn't froth it long enough. I'll have to experiment more. Thanks!!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something that will froth, see if you can find Almond/Cashew blend milk (Silk used to make it, but looks like they discontinued it :( ). My mom likes some foam in her chai, and she noticed the blend foamed more like skim milk would.

She does have a carafe-style frother, though, so that might also make a difference.

I buy my almond milk at Aldi most of the time - $2 for a half gallon isn't bad for that! Otherwise, whatever is on sale at the grocery store - so far, they all taste the same to me.

~Lyssa
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Try the Blue Diamond Almond Cashew blends. 25 cal per cup and delicious!

http://www.almondbreeze.com/products/unsweetened-original-almondmilk-cashewmilk-blend/#nutritionalFacts
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like Califa's unsweetened vanilla. Their almond coffee creamers are delish too, for 15 cal/tbsp.