Yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    Nuts
    Oats
    Bread - wholemeal with 7 grains
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Lots of eggs. Grains: rolled oats, steel cut oats, quinoa, whole barley, wheatberries. Fresh spinach. Frozen spinach. Frozen mustard greens. Cheeses of varying kinds. Frozen strawberries. Fresh blueberries. Fresh blackberries. Celery. Carrots. Apples. Tuna. Beans of varying kinds. Pistachios. Sunflower seeds. Chia seeds. Grape tomatoes. Fat-free plain Greek yogurt. 1% cottage cheese. Almond-coconut milk. Cereal. Bread. Sandwich meat - usually roast beef and either ham or turkey. Asparagus. Protein powder. Tea, various black and herbal blends. Salad dressings and other spreads/sauces. 80 cal flavored Greek yogurts. Halo Top!
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    Coffee
    Coffee
    Hummus
    Yogurt
    Cashew Milk
  • armchairherpetologist
    armchairherpetologist Posts: 69 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Eggs, milk, plain skyr, cottage cheese, egg whites, oats (steel cut and rolled), chicken and tuna. I make sure I never run out of those.

Coffee beans, I order green by the 50 pound sack.
  • Rungirl137
    Rungirl137 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower! You can use it as a substitute for potatoes!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    In our family, the "buy every week" items are:
    • eggs
    • milk (mostly for the kids)
    • Skyr (or Greek yogurt if they're out of Skyr)
    • cheese
    • butter
    • fresh green vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, brussels sprouts, green beans, ...)
    • lettuce (our kids *love* salad)
    • fruit (apples, oranges and bananas in winter; swap in berries/cherries/peaches/plums/etc. when in season)
    • bread for me and my younger son; english muffins for my husband and older son
    • Coke Zero (my preferred coffee alternative) and diet ginger ale

We also always have the following in the fridge/freezer/pantry:
    • rice (white and brown)
    • pasta of various shapes
    • a few jars of pasta sauce (for when we don't have time to make our own)
    • canned tomatoes (for when we do have time to make our own pasta sauce)
    • frozen Dr Oetker thin crust pizza
    • chicken breast
    • chicken drumsticks
    • salmon
    • steak
    • pork chops
    • frozen peas and frozen corn
    • "pork and beans"
    • salsa
    • carrots, potatoes, onions, cauliflower
    • various pickled vegetables: beets, asparagus, green beans, cucumbers
    • crackers: Wasa, Triscuits, goldfish crackers (for the kids)
    • tea (I'm working on drinking more unsweetened iced tea and less diet soda)
    • good quality dark chocolate
    • nuts (mostly for my husband)
    • dried fruit (raisins, dates, dried pineapple)
    • almond butter, peanut butter, jam, jelly and honey (most of our jams and jellies are homemade)
    • oats, cornmeal, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder, chocolate chips (all required by our recipes for whole grain pancakes and/or whole grain waffles which are our usual weekend breakfasts)
    • maple syrup
    • soy sauce, hoisin, teriyaki sauce, black bean sauce, oyster sauce, ketchup, mustard, relish
    • capers, sun dried tomatoes
    • canned soup

And now I know why my cupboards are so full! :smiley: I'm pretty sure I've missed a lot of stuff too.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Coffee, coconut oil, cheese, humus, canned tuna, almonds, Greek yogurt plain, vege burgers, eggs, lettuce, blueberries, tea
  • womanisadevil
    womanisadevil Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    All the tea. Chai, green tea, black tea, anything I can get my hands on because I'm always cold. Plus it counts as water intake and changes it up. :smiley:

Bell peppers
    Ground beef (extra lean) and or ground chicken
    Mushrooms
    Onions and garlic
    Corn
    Fibre 1 bars
    Canned soup reduced sodium for if I'm busy and need a quick meal for work
    Rice
    HOT SAUCE!!!
    Spinach
    Any fruit that is in season or fresh looking
    (I live on a damn cold island east coast Canada and I'm super picky with how fresh the fruits and vegetables are)
  • bytheplanets
    bytheplanets Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yellow peppers
    Baby carrots
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Eggs
    Dannon light and fit yogurt
    Chobani nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
    Walnuts
    Coke Zero
    La croix
    And
  • blively23
    blively23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Joseph's 60 calorie pita bread
    Frozen bags of riced cauliflower
    Kraft fat free shredded cheddar cheese
    Kraft fat free mozzarella shredded cheese
    Fat free milk
    Sugar free vanilla creamer
    Natures Own 40 calorie wheat bread
    2% block cheese
    96% lean ground beef (so much better than turkey)
    5 lb bag of frozen chicken breasts
    Chicken bouillon cubes
    Some sort of low calorie tortillas
    Laughing cow cheese soup
    Fat free cream cheese
    Sugar free Jello
    Fat free whipped cream
    Vodka
    Hawaiian Punch packets (lemon berry squeeze or berry limeade) both are great with vodka

Can y'all tell I like cheese?
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, butter, cheese, eggs. Arugula, zucchini, onions, garlic, broccoli, carrots, nuts, tomato, Serrano peppers, cilantro. Cumin, oregano, ancho powder, black pepper, kosher salt. Olive oil (both regular and extra virgin), red wine vinegar, hot sauce, Dijon mustard. Black beans, short-grain rice, either bread or tortillas, pasta, granola or cereal.

These are the staples of my diet.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Chicken, Steak, Ground Beef, Pork Chops, Bacon/Sausage, Butter, Chocolate Milk, Isopure Whey Isolate, Frozen Vegetables.
  • missandi84
    missandi84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Farro or quinoa or both, kale, mushrooms, kidney beans, black beans, lentils, garlic, onion, broccoli or broccolini, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, hummus, Perrier or sparkling water and lemons.
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    -Assortment of Frozen meals: I quit cooking, for the most part, because it's just me. I found I wasted a lot of food, so I've started buying these again. The sodium is ridiculous, naturally, but it's worth it because I'm better able to stay on track.

Also:
    -Guacamole (from Costco)
    -a particular sugar free sunflower and oat bread from the local bakery
    -protein bars: I've really gotten into the bars lately, since at the end of the night, I'm bound to have random protein and fiber left. I have a collection of bars, and I find the one that most fits the numbers I need to hit.
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We always have rice and pasta in the pantry. In the refrigerator we always have Silk Yogurt(I'm allergic to dairy) Silk almond or soy milk, salad mixes(I'm the only one who eats these) and chicken breasts. The freezer has all kinds of frozen veg and some fruit. My son has oats, bananas, and applesauce almost daily. We keep Clif builders bars for if we have to make any trips or just aren't too hungry. I have all kinds of flours and several sweeteners in the pantry for baking. Also chocolate in many forms. We only buy hamburger if we are planing a meal with it and freeze the rest of the package in 1 pound packages. I only buy potatoes when I use them since for some reason they go bad in 2 days in my house.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    My list is shirt and I buy the same stuff every week. Buy one get one on something I like and eat is a FIVE STAR day!
    Breakfast: coffee, Fage full fat yogurt to eat with coffee, berries to put in yogurt to eat with coffee.
    Snacks: flat out flax with almond butter or Apple and cottage cheese, jiffy pop 100 calorie kettle corn
    Lunch: boring salad, vegetables and more vegetables
    Dinner: whatever shows up