I have to get serious ... Accountability Partner ?

Options
i started this year at 186 lbs.
got an office job last year, ate junk, etc.

I've been restricting calories since Feb. and i've lost 25 lbs... but i have platteu'd so badly... i am just nowhere near where i wanted to be. maybe my sights were set too high.

here's the truth ... beer ... i love beer. i love the taste, i love the full feeling, i love the relaxation of a buzz. i consume about 30% of my total calories as beer. i made the decision last night to quit until i hit my weight loss goal.

right now i am 48 hours with no beer. that's the longest I've been in 4+ years.

i need to get serious ... get structured ... and i need some motivation and support to keep me going in the right direction ...

... any accountability partners out there interested in tracking together and keeping each-other motivated ?

i'm a non-political professional who wants to discuss things like workout regimes, micros and macros, i eat mostly whole foods, and love to cook.

Anyone out there ?

Replies

• Alphabuena
    Alphabuena Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    With all the microbreweries out there beer is hard to give up. 48 hours is a huge stride, next stop 60 hours!
  • jalapenopizza
    jalapenopizza Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just remember how much your end goal means to you. I'm not super knowledgeable about macros or specific workouts, but you're welcome to add me anyway! I love seeing other people's progress and exercises for the day on my feed, it motivates me to do better for myself.
  • kimkimteacher
    kimkimteacher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to be your accountability partner!

I'm at 156 currently and have a ways to go. I love to drink a margarita in the evening to unwind.

Can you find something else to unwind with? I'm also skipping the alcohol because it leads to laziness, snacking, etc. Plus it has a lot of calories. I've gone about a week.

We can do this burnoutphilosopher.

I'm trying to enjoy a bath with a book in the evenings and a tall glass of ice water to replace the alcohol. Sometimes I put a little juice in my water . . .is this depressing you?

It doesn't matter what you replace the beer with, just something you enjoy. Going for a walk (or more fun physical activity), light stretching followed by one of those 40 calorie fudgesicles . . .

I'm not sure how to communicate on this website back and forth.
  • kimkimteacher
    kimkimteacher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually hired a personal trainer to help me out since I was stuck for so long and he had some good recommendations:

1. Eat more (lean) protein while working out to repair muscle.
    2. Include some weight lifting into your routine.

After working out twice a week in very intense workouts for 2 months, I had lost zero weight, but my body was more attractive, my clothes fit better, etc. The fat got turned into muscle because of the weight lifting. Since then I've been stuck, but I don't really want to go back to the personal trainer. I'm hoping having an accountability partner will help.

• burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys . ... I'm figuring out how to actually add people!

The phone app is much more cumbersome than the website