Myers Briggs - 16 Personalities

Options

Replies

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am a "Campaigner"
    This is pretty accurate. Part of my previous job was to administer and score MBTI. It is a very helpful tool in learning how to communicate more effectively with co-workers, friends, and even family that you might have a difficult time understanding.
    You have to answer the questions with the first thing that pops into your head as you read it. Try not to overthink it (something that can be difficult for some of us!)
    This is a self assessment so see how closely it matches your feelings and opinions, not what others may think of you.
    You can take it throughout your lifetime and may even notice changes. There are different factors that can cause you to have different answers- like you can change as you age or if you have been through a traumatic experience.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've done this before and I know what I'm designated as, but knowing never really helped me in any way.

It seems like loads and loads and loads of people on the internet talking about this will have that "I" in there and tend to think it's rare. I think it's obviously not. ;)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I've done this before and I know what I'm designated as, but knowing never really helped me in any way.

It seems like loads and loads and loads of people on the internet talking about this will have that "I" in there and tend to think it's rare. I think it's obviously not. ;)

That's because E are out there talking .... not on the internet.

Although, with the rise of facebook and Instagram, more E are finding there way to the internet.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

Introverts comprise 1/3 to 1/2 of the U.S. population (depending on what study you read). Not enough people realize this, because introverts are (by nature) less visible in the public square.

Knowing my MBTI type did help me, but I understand not everyone has been in my position. I'm an introvert raised by extrovert parents who (I believe, in retrospect) didn't know how to raise an introvert. As a result, I always felt misunderstood by society, my peers, AND my own family. It was my private study of personality typology in my early adult life that helped me firmly grasp the advantages of my approach to life and accept myself as I am.

Any introvert who hasn't read Susan Cain's book, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking, needs to pick it up. Today.
  • FairhavenDS
    FairhavenDS Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    INFP-A/INTP-A depending on the day.
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love personality tests!

I am ISFJ.
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ISFP.. I guess :smile:
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ISTJ, if I answer in a work context.
    I did it as part of a training course at work, and it was actually really helpful in understanding my communication preferences, and how I might need to adapt to communicate most effectively with people of other types. I honestly think it's a brilliant tool in a professional context.
    I think it's also important to understand that your type really just reflects your preferences and comfort zone. It absolutely does not mean you can't adapt and act more like another type in certain situations.

In a social context, the only thing that really helped me was understanding my I-ness, and that it was ok to need to hide on the sofa on my own sometimes.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm a defender - ISFJ-T!
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I did mine in grad school, the original test and it was required for the program. The test was so long but worth it. I'm an ENTJ. From what I read Female ENTJ's are rare. I think less than 1% in the world.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    took the test again now im an architect... i have commitment issue

Were you tilting your head more to the right and perhaps mouth closed second time around?

If it any consolation, I do not believe for one second the results I was given..
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    it's all a load of *kitten* I'm afraid. People, personality and character cannot be summed up into neat little categories.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Were you tilting your head more to the right and perhaps mouth closed second time around?

If it any consolation, I do not believe for one second the results I was given..

i had my phone sideways the 2nd go round

Prolly skews the results every time however I do think you have multiple personalities though..
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

i had my phone sideways the 2nd go round

Prolly skews the results every time however I do think you have multiple personalities though..

i do depends on the music im listening lol

I know why the multiple identities here in MFP now.. lol
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    it's all a load of *kitten* I'm afraid. People, personality and character cannot be summed up into neat little categories.

That's worthy of debate. MBTI has its proponents, and people who think it's all crock.

Those personality summaries don't explain 100% of anyone's personality. But for many people it comes remarkably close.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    INTJ... need i say more? WE ard the best
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I got the Advocate. I think that test thinks more highly of myself than I do, lol.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I took it a while back and I am INTJ / INTP depending on the day. Pretty accurate.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I always test as an INTJ - this one was no different.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I'm a Defender (ISFJ-A).

Has anyone done the DISC training? I did it at work a couple years ago. I'm a C.