Women 5'4" (5'3"-5'5") and muscular or close to it (fit) how much do you weigh?

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I am wondering if my weight goal is realistic and good for my height. I want to end up with a bit of muscle/tone and fit when all is said and done. My goal was 127 (right between 120 and 135). I'm 5'4" 27 years old. One thing I'm thinking might affect weight is ehem bust size? Which mine is larger than it was before kids and doesnt seem to be changing much even though it doesnt add a ton of weight it adds some. But I am wondering where you ended up once all is said and done vs what you planned? I'm not sure if 127lbs might be too light considering muscle mass making you heavier and I have a pretty large frame or if it's high because I will need to be leaner *and* smaller to meet my goal of being fairly toned. Pictures (examples from someone my height) and advice appreciated.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    110 was too low, but I like to stay under 120. I'm pretty muscular and vascular, and pretty small bust. Pics in my profile.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    110 was too low, but I like to stay under 120. I'm pretty muscular and vascular, and pretty small bust. Pics in my profile.

You seem fit/somewhat muscular to me. I am assuming it depends on frame shape and things too? I tend to have wide hips so I'm wondering if I will end up weighing more than I think. lol. But based on what you said I guess 127lbs isnt *that* off. I know some might think it doesn't matter, but I just want something to look towards because it helps motivate me to have a number to concentrate on. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5. I don't have a particularly large bust and don't have much for hips. Kind of built like a ruler.

However, I've weighed down to 125 and I found myself a bit too thin for my liking. I'm pretty happy at 135ish.

Currently, I'm more around 143 and trying to cut down. My profile picture is at 140. I know you can't see much but that's the best picture at the moment!

But honestly, I think you should go by how you look and not the number. Weight can vary greatly from person to person and only you'll be able to decide once you get there.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 135-140ish. I do competitive powerlifting, so I'm pretty built by "regular" standards. I was too small at 123-130.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5. I don't have a particularly large bust and don't have much for hips. Kind of built like a ruler.

However, I've weighed down to 125 and I found myself a bit too thin for my liking. I'm pretty happy at 135ish.

Currently, I'm more around 143 and trying to cut down. My profile picture is at 140. I know you can't see much but that's the best picture at the moment!

But honestly, I think you should go by how you look and not the number. Weight can vary greatly from person to person and only you'll be able to decide once you get there.

I know! I just like to have a number to look forward to and count down as I lose :) It's a rough estimate but I wanted to make sure I'm not way way off. I'm more hourglass so I'm wondering if I might end up around 140 once all is said and done (if I end up trying to gain muscle etc)
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone! It helps me get a rough idea of where I might end up. ^_^
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5-5'3" & 120ish. I got down to 114-116 last year and I looked too thin. Mostly, in my upper body as I am not busty and have a pear shape.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

I know! I just like to have a number to look forward to and count down as I lose :) It's a rough estimate but I wanted to make sure I'm not way way off. I'm more hourglass so I'm wondering if I might end up around 140 once all is said and done (if I end up trying to gain muscle etc)

Oh I completely understand! I find it weird not to have a goal number. I totally get it. I think your right. Try to shoot for 140 and evaluate from there!

I actually enjoy seeing how I compare to others my height. I think it's pretty interesting to see the variations!

Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • jenmarrs429
    jenmarrs429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and when I was seriously into weight lifting I would say that anything under 130 was iffy, and when I went under 120 it put me in the hospital. My current goal with lifting is 140.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 129, 54 years old, lift 3x's a week, and cardio 3-5x's a week
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I got to 128 just so I could bulk and gain muscle. I was already lifting heavy.

Here was 128. It was not fun.

I'm like 142-144 in the last pic. That's with a bulk and recomp. My favorite is around 133-135
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5.

In my original (ie successful) weight loss I got down to 120lbs, from 176lbs. I had started weight training during this time, and at 120lbs I had some muscle, but not a lot.

Got in to bodybuilding/competing after that, so have spent a few years purposefully trying to build muscle. I've been up and down, but around 140lbs now, and a little bit "fatter" than when I was 120lbs. I don't look bad for it, and wake up with abs (as an indication of how I look)

I have literally no boobs, so they aren't contributing to my weight much
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    5'3", 140 - 145
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3", minimal boobs. back in the day before i'd ever been in a gym i thought of 120-125 as about my emotionally-comfortable weight. at this point i'm getting close to 52 and i've been lifting for strength for just around three years.

so 135 is where i'm at now, and i'm aiming for around 130 just to see how i'll feel about it. i actually don't have any idea how much extra muscle i have, compared with my start point. but i have been lifting consistently the whole time and i'm so much stronger now that i reckon i have to have some. so 130 is kind of my new '125-ish with muscle added'.

the first year i lifted, i also cut my weight down to under 125, but i didn't like that look much at all. i don't think there's anything wrong with it inherently though. i suspect it's more because i probably subconsciously expected to drop 25 years along with the 25 pounds that i'd added to my mid-20's weight :tongue:
  • Fit_fad
    Fit_fad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Reading all the responses here has really got me thinking now. I am 5'3.5" and currently weigh 138lbs but I have a similar case of endomorph body. Bust has always been on the bigger side. As I went down from 170 to 140, I noticed that the ratio stays the same so basically the cup size stayed the same but 36 went down to 32. I still have proportion issues as I have most of my weight around my abs, hips and thighs. I am targeting 125 but reading this post has had me reconsidering. I think If I get to 130, I'll be okay. I have a small frame but broader shoulders.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm fairly boobless hahaha but at 5'3.5/5'4, I am currently around 112 and I'm pretty happy here. My lifts are going up and I'm able to eat a good amount as I'm fairly active. Try things out! It all comes down to personal preference (as long as it's within a reasonably healthy range of course!).
    ETA-I'm small framed and can overlap my thumb and middle finger when I wrap them around my wrist if that helps.
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Love this post and you ladies look great. I'm 5'5 aiming for 148 to get into the healthy range but was idealizing 120. After seeing you ladies and hearing your responses I think I would be over the moon if I got to a fit 140.

have any of you seen mybodygallery.com i think its really interesting.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Muscle mass isn't going to add too many pounds on the scale for women, especially if they are fairly lean.
    My coach is a women's physique pro and she's around 5'2" and maybe 135 lbs off-season weight after a year long bulk. (She was like 105 stage weight last year.)
    I'm still too over weight to know exactly where I want to be, but at 5'1" mostly running I was about 130 lbs, and I don't expect to be too far from there even though I've been lifting a few years now.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

From @canadianlbs : "the first year i lifted, i also cut my weight down to under 125, but i didn't like that look much at all. i don't think there's anything wrong with it inherently though. i suspect it's more because i probably subconsciously expected to drop 25 years along with the 25 pounds that i'd added to my mid-20's weight :tongue:
    [/quote]

This is how I feel about myself at 114 lbs. I look a bit scrawny and older. But, I am 48 so I guess I am older