Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

First Day of My new beginning...

violet101580
violet101580 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I am Tiffany and i'm looking forward to this new beginning. I stopped smoking and am now looking to lose weight and become healthier. Any secrets or advice welcomed

Replies

• I am also an ex smoker (3 years off the stuff) and have found weight loss to be similar in the ways to deal with hunger. I am no master at it but I am striving to be better :) Feel free to add me for support.
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Yay for making the commitment to yourself for getting healthy! Just always make the commitment to entering in your information and exercise. You will start to see a difference soon.
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    hi and welcome to MFP, the best advice is make sure you log everything you eat, drink plenty of water and exercise as well.

another great thing is send friend requests to other people, they are all a friendly bunch and give loads of encouragement.

i will send you a friend request.
  • kkeen
    kkeen Posts: 3
    I am only on my day five and I was getting a little frustrated with the system on day three as I was having a hard time to get the right portions so that I got the right calorie count, but I keep working with it and I find new things everyday so just stick with it and make sure you mark down even the sweets as you will be surprised at what you see and you can exercise and leave something else out of your eating program to make up. Keep working with it you can do it.
  • Keep a positive attitude. Set reasonable, achievable goals. Be patient but passionate about your new journey. Find as many people as you can to help support you. Allow yourself to fail knowing you can recover and move forward again. Focus on where you are going rather than where you have been. Leave the past in the past. That is not where you are right now. Every lost ounce is a victory, every inch less is a step forward, every dress size smaller a joy. You can lie to everyone else except yourself; be brutally truthful but forgiving and encouraging. Rediscover what it feels like to be proud. In short work on becoming a new you.
  • quilinna
    quilinna Posts: 7
    are you sure bout dt cus ive been tryin for a while too n deres no results
  • Hi Tiffany,
    My name is Valerie. I am new here too, and have found by reading all that's posted here, that there are alot of nice people that have similar situations. My advice would be, to be consistent and record all that you eat, drink and the amount of exercise you do. At the end of the day, I love to see what it says about my weight goals and what I should be in 5 weeks or so. It's like it's right in front of you, all we need to do is grab it. It's hard sometimes, but I find that my faith in Christ helps me ALOT!! My addiction one time was alcohol, then food. Jesus set me free from the bondage of both. :smile: When I feel weak and tempted, I ask Him to help and He is there for me.
    Best of luck to you and your goals, Valerie
This discussion has been closed.