Begining of the end?

Blahhhh that is pretty adequate for today. Felt amazing lost 22lb in 8 weeks and feeling stronger. So why was it when I put on the trousers my 22lb heavier self deluded herself into thinking would fit and they were STILL tight I lost all motivation.

Yes I went to the gym Saturday and stayed away from the girls night in alcohol then off to the gym I went Sunday morning. Then I have no idea what happened one Wagamamma and Pizzahut later I was lethargic and sickly full. Now all I want is chocolate and rubbish food. HELP :(

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,517 Member
    Go for a walk. While walking think about how you are going to proceed in weight loss in absence of motivation. If you need to be motivated 24/7 to stay with it, you won't make it to your goal.

Try substituting determination for motivation. Determination is just the drive to finish what you've started.

If you really want it, decided on a satisfying portion of chocolate and eat that. If there's any left over, throw it away. Eating rubish doesn't sound very appealing. Can't help you with that.

Oh, btw, I don't think anyone ever made long term weight loss work without overcoming a number of setbacks. Just how life is. Good luck.

• MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Not knowing any specifics (and not looking for any) I will only say one needs to be careful when it comes to things fitting. I am a coach. Many of my kids go off to college and continue playing our sport. In their off season they weight train. The first bit of advice every alum gives our kids for their freshman year, "Don't by new pants!" Their quads and hamstrings will get big, in a good way of course, and jeans they wore on day one of school won't fit at the end of what we call Spring Season.

So, maybe the fitting or lack thereof is a product of muscle gain?
  • tpalit2001
    tpalit2001 Posts: 24 Member
    Remember how your feeling stronger and fitter did not depend on one particular article of clothing fitting or not fitting. Try to recapture that feeling. And stick with it.

I keep a box of precut veggies in the fridge these days. If I get cravings for junk, I saute them in water and munch on them. The cravings go away pretty fast.
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Hi, I've never done anything in the forum, but I thought I'd check it out today and saw this post.
    I can totally relate! It feels like one little splurge has me craving only junk and feeling like all of the energy is sucked out of me. It's discouraging, but now that I know it happens and can be overcome I can fight it better.
    For me, drinking lots of water (every time I want something unhealthy), making myself take walks (they don't take too much energy, so it's a way to get moving without having to commit to a workout), and being over-the-top cautious with my carb intake for a day or two usually gets my cravings under control and my energy back up.

And don't let the trousers get to you. Clothes are heartless, rude liars sometimes.