In need of advice

Options
I need motivation so badly. I don't know why I just can't get my butt in gear. I tell myself workout and I will do hardly a workout. I tell myself don't eat that you know it's bad and I'll eat it. I need accountability! Anyone ever try a digital coach? Like one of those fitness trainers who skype you or keep u going? I don't want to spend so much money on doing the obvious but not sure what to do to keep going and not stop! I want to lose weight!

Replies

• LlamasEatOranges
    LlamasEatOranges Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I don't watch what I eat and I don't workout. It really does help to be accountable for your actions with weight loss. Maybe we could start a workout schedule for every week.
  • burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You say yoi start to workout then do a
    barely workout ... Is the problem low energy or are you doing a form of workout you don't enjoy ?

Instead of "don't eat that" ... try to find a replacement food. I know it's way harder than it sounds ... but abstaining and hunger lead to crankiness and loss of motivation.

My struggle is portion control I'm a big time "can't eat just one" guy.
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    so.... some people say don't do this... but i do.

I weigh myself every morning - its the first thing i do. I know when its gonna be bad (Sunday morning), but i make myself do it - cause when its good...awwwwww yeah! I also take a ton of progress pics and use the app to do a side by side compare. I can see... literally see... when i feel my best. I don't share those pics.. but they really move me.

i find the key... is to do it every day. every... stinkin... day.

but overall since last year i've lost 45 pounds (up and down..as much as 60!) - so it works for me.
  • bunnye20
    bunnye20 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'll try that thanks
  • Siempre_Kay
    Siempre_Kay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, I need motivation and accountability. I would love some workout buddies and a cheering and jeering section...

Last week I went to a "weight loss clinic where they first had the scale saying I weighed 10 more lbs than what I do. 3 other scales 2 of them at Dr's offices and 1 at the gym can't be wrong saying I weigh 10 lbs less.

She also said This week when I came in I had to pay 70 bucks to be weighed and given a meal plan and a prescription for appetite suppressants. CRAZY. Appt canceled.

Then to get on a shots program of just 6 weeks was going to be over 700 bucks.....CRAZY while still having to pay the 70 for the pills and visits with the nutritionist.

So loosing the weight without having to spend that crazy amount of money is My Motivation.

My fitbit and this app will be my accountability and of course help from You lovely ladies too.

I keep my gym clothes in the car, so that on any given day and time that I have 30 min to an hour, I can just stop by and get my workout in, NO EXCUSE !!!

Add me !!!!
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You say yoi start to workout then do a
    barely workout ... Is the problem low energy or are you doing a form of workout you don't enjoy ?

Instead of "don't eat that" ... try to find a replacement food. I know it's way harder than it sounds ... but abstaining and hunger lead to crankiness and loss of motivation.

My struggle is portion control I'm a big time "can't eat just one" guy.

Yes I agree dont abstain! If you cant drum up motivation to work out simply start your journey by just tracking every crumb of food you ingest.