Push/Pull workouts??

Options
kmaf2018
kmaf2018 Posts: 124 Member
Sorry to sound thick but to ensure I understand the push/pull concept of push/pull workouts I need to ask haha!

So are Push workouts overhead press, pushups, bench press....anything where your pushing the bar away?

And Pull workouts are bent over rows, assisted pullups, anything where your pulling the bar to you?

Is this right? (Sorry)

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    KMAF00 wrote: »
    Sorry to sound thick but to ensure I understand the push/pull concept of push/pull workouts I need to ask haha!

So are Push workouts overhead press, pushups, bench press....anything where your pushing the bar away?

And Pull workouts are bent over rows, assisted pullups, anything where your pulling the bar to you?

Is this right? (Sorry)

Sounds right, but you left out squat and Deadlift
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's exactly what it is. But don't forget the 3rd part of the workout - legs. Push, Pull, Legs, aka PPL.
  • kmaf2018
    kmaf2018 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ah ok then! So a squat would be a push and a deadlift would be a pull? Please tell me im right so I know Im finally "getting" it haha

• Christian_Cudo
    Christian_Cudo Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes you are correct, but make sure to include legs. Push days and pull days are only upper body focused while leg days are strictly for the lower body. A little side note, shoulders can be worked by both push and pull movements. I would do all my shoulder presses whether it be dumbbell or military presses on your push day and lateral raises and rear deals on your pull days. I hope this helps out.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Usually for push pull its broken into muscle groups.

Push: chest and triceps
    Pull: back and biceps
    And then legs. Shoulders you can fit in anywhere personally if im doing push pull legs, i put shoulders in with legs. (Also i deadlift on pull days not leg day)