Start BIG!! ** Need Motivation **

Options
tbudro
tbudro Posts: 27 Member
Hi all! I'm very new to forums... I've never joined one or posted before. I'm needing a little support, since I can't seem to muster it up for myself.

I'm on a long journey... I've been on this journey for almost a year now. I've lost 87 lbs. since I began in June 12th last year. I want to loose a total of 100 by June 12th 2017. I feel great! BUT... I have ZERO motivation to do cardio/workout, I'm tired of prepping, I don't want to quit, but I'm lacking the motivation to push myself to hit that goal. Does that make sense to anyone else? I have no excuses, in fact, I'm tired of hearing myself make excuses. LOL

Any advise, suggestions, a kick in the butt maybe? :neutral:

Replies

• andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You've only got 13lbs to go. Look back on the fantastic success you've had getting rid of 87lbs and tell yourself "Come on! The finish line this in sight" and keep doingcwhat you've been doing. It's been a long race and you are nearly there. Don't give up!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When did you last have a diet break?
  • tbudro
    Options
    Thank you!! I know, I'm right there... I just need to push myself.
    I will set new goals after I hit the 100 lb. goal... probably after a brief intermission. :smile:
  • tbudro
    Options
    TavistockToad - I've taken a day break here and there, or what I call a splurge day, for someone's birthday, or a special occasion... the week of May 8th we went on vacation, I ate horribly. LOL Of course, I regretted it the following Monday when I got back on the scale. I was a carb-aholic, prior to starting this diet, maybe I'm having withdrawls from the carb intake vacation week? Ha! I'm half joking, but serious also. I feel SO horrible after I eat badly now.
  • srf1982
    srf1982 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi There!! Great job on your progress so far. You should be so proud. Have you ever considered Over eaters Anonymous? I am addicted to sugar. Ive looked at OA a few times and wonder if you may find some good support there......Good luck girlfriend. You got this.....Sheena
  • monicaamy902
    monicaamy902 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wow, 87 lbs in a year is a HUGE accomplishment!! I don't like to prep, it's too much work for me. I try to eat as many 1 ingredient foods as I can. So for lunch I will have a piece of chicken and some steamed or grilled veggies. I also eat a lot of omelets, even for lunch. It takes me 10 minutes to prep in the morning for my lunch, I cook it and take it with me. Today I had a few pieces of lunch meat (I know, not great) with an avocado rolled in it. That was no prep at all. Lunch is my big meal and I try to make cooking as easy as possible.

When it comes to working out, I just have to do it. I have about 20 minutes at lunch to do it, so I push myself really hard for 20 minutes and that's it. I always feel amazing afterward, but I would always much rather do lunch with people.

Maybe try to find new inspiration, a new outfit you want to wear in a smaller size, a picture of yourself where you were smaller, a quote that speaks to you that you can write on your mirror, etc.

I am struggling with motivation right now too. I do great during the week and then the weekends just erase all I have done the last 5 days!! I eat horribly and feel bad about it. But we can't be like that. We have to just pick ourselves up and keep going. Beating ourselves up does nothing good for us. Today is a new day and we can make good choices from this moment on. If a cookie happens to fall in our mouth, we just move on and try to have watermelon next time we have a sweet craving. One day, one meal at a time!

Anyway, you are an inspiration to the rest of us! Keep us posted on your progress!!
  • tbudro
    Options
    That's awesome! Thank you! My nemesis is time.

A little preface... I'm a single mom of 2, I work a 40-50 hour job, laundry, groceries, homework with the little one, their dinner, their bath time, my food prep time, etc., etc., etc.... exercise is typically on the back burner, which is a LOT of my problem.

I have been looking at different food ideas that are easier to prep (i.e. foods that I can put in a baggie and go).

Thanks again everyone for all the motivation!!
  • monicaamy902
    monicaamy902 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was just on another post and someone mentioned grocery service/delivery something or other. If your grocery store has a pick up, or even amazon food delivery would work to save time on grocery shopping. I would love to do that myself!
  • tbudro
    Options
    Yes, I've considered that. :smile:
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    tbudro wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm very new to forums... I've never joined one or posted before. I'm needing a little support, since I can't seem to muster it up for myself.

I'm on a long journey... I've been on this journey for almost a year now. I've lost 87 lbs. since I began in June 12th last year. I want to loose a total of 100 by June 12th 2017. I feel great! BUT... I have ZERO motivation to do cardio/workout, I'm tired of prepping, I don't want to quit, but I'm lacking the motivation to push myself to hit that goal. Does that make sense to anyone else? I have no excuses, in fact, I'm tired of hearing myself make excuses. LOL

Any advise, suggestions, a kick in the butt maybe? :neutral:

Is there any kind of exercise you enjoy? Maybe try a couple of classes at the gym. The biggest thing that helped me was finding the kind of exercise I enjoyed. For me, it's dancing.
  • tbudro
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I love Zumba, but I don't know when I'd fit in a visit to a gym. I need to find my Zumba video and dust it off to see if I can keep up with it anymore.
  • ochoann
    ochoann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YouTube videos .... "Dance Fitness with Jessica"
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    tbudro wrote: »
    TavistockToad - I've taken a day break here and there, or what I call a splurge day, for someone's birthday, or a special occasion... the week of May 8th we went on vacation, I ate horribly. LOL Of course, I regretted it the following Monday when I got back on the scale. I was a carb-aholic, prior to starting this diet, maybe I'm having withdrawls from the carb intake vacation week? Ha! I'm half joking, but serious also. I feel SO horrible after I eat badly now.

i find this really sad - you should go on holiday and enjoy it, not feel guilty afterwards.
  • sporangia
    sporangia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Time to try a new sport! Try something like biking or swimming. Take a spin class or swim class. Maybe rock climbing or running. Expand your horizons. Keep going! :)
  • tbudro
    Options
    i find this really sad - you should go on holiday and enjoy it, not feel guilty afterwards.

Oh, I had a WONDERFUL time on vacation. I did feel guilty afterwards because I felt like I failed myself... make sense?
    I've struggled with weight my whole life... I'm my own worst critic. It's a fault, for sure.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    My suggestions:

Meal prep on Sundays (or when you have free time) or batch cook meals and freeze. If that's not feasible for you then you could do easier foods.

I started out meal prepping this and meal prepping that and it got old quickly. Turns out, I don't want to put a lot of effort into making lunch or breakfast so lunch is usually a sandwich or a salad or a soup. Something I can toss together rather quickly or let cook without me standing over it constantly.

Breakfast is usually eggs, yogurt, and fruit. If I'm feeling particularly fancy I might cook some meat. If I'm feeling particularly lazy it's Cheerios (with Protein) and 2% milk.

And if you Google quick dinners the results are endless so I've never had a problem with that.

Exercise can be anything. It could be a walk with the kids around the block. I've found it's often easier too just to become more active in your day to day life than actually scheduling exercise time. If you can't fit it in during the week, there's always the weekend as well. I usually average more steps on a Saturday than I do on a weekday (desk job) even though I go to the gym on weekdays and I don't on the weekend.

If you're really just tired it might be time for a break for a week or two. I'm not talking about eating anything and everything, but just upping calories to maintenance and not really focusing on losing weight just maintaining. Sometimes that does wonders.
  • kayden1976
    kayden1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You've come so far, don't slash your other three tires because of one flat.
  • tbudro
    Options
    Thank you all!! I'm not giving up that easily. I've come this far, I'll take a break at 100 lbs. then pick back up after a couple of weeks. :)
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I use you tube for cardio workouts. I also have a couple of beach body workout videos.