ice cream!

Options
2»

Replies

• Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    HT is awesome (I like the mint and vanilla), and Artic Zero is poop (I'm not even a picky person but ugh). The cheapest low cal substitute I found for ice cream is....bananas. Yup, just unpeel some ripe bananas, freeze em in bags, and then dump them in a blender with just a touch of almond milk. Get yourself some chocolate syrup or chips on top, sprinkle some nuts, and voila...your own homemade chunky monkey!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    I only eat ice cream if it comes from a Mr Whippy that I have chased down like a cheetah. Then I get the classic 99 flake.

I LOVE (and miss) the chocolate coated flake cone!!!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom. Low calorie, tons of flavors, available even at Wal-Mart cheaper than Halo Top, and has tons of fiber to help me meet my daily fiber macro. Heck, half the time I wouldn't meet my fiber macro without it. Yay ice cream!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Breyer's Blast Reese'speanut butter cup, Snickers, Cheesecake etc

or

Great Value's Breakup Brownie, Vanilla Cup Tracks, Cin-fully Delicious

Puts any Halo Top or Artic Zero to shame in price and taste.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

or

True, but the OP specifically requested 'low calorie' ice cream and none of those qualify.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I've made this before. It's really easy to make and delicious! http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/strawberry-ice-cream-2107310
  • sicjess91
    sicjess91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Fudge bars.. there are so good! Low calories and alot of protein.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Dryer's/Edy's slow churned bandwagon. I just finished a dish of chocolate, 100 calories and delicious!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

or

True, but the OP specifically requested 'low calorie' ice cream and none of those qualify.

Actually they do qualify as low calorie. They are slightly higher than Edy's slow churned & probably the same as skinny cow. I assume you didn't group those as high calorie.

At approximately 120-150 cals per serving, I would hazard they still fit the bill compared to Ben & Jerry's that is considered high calorie by everyone.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    I only eat ice cream if it comes from a Mr Whippy that I have chased down like a cheetah. Then I get the classic 99 flake.

I LOVE (and miss) the chocolate coated flake cone!!!

Me too.
  • AwesomeHealth
    AwesomeHealth Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Breyer vanilla lactose free. I can add a little of other toppings like caramel with nuts and sometimes cake crumbles or mixed berries. The trick is to stick to one scoop and take time to enjoy it.

Also, I break ice cream sandwiches in half and it is usually enough than eating the whole thing at once. Usually, I share the other half. Walmart has Great Value Key Lime, S'mores and other flavors. It is better than always eating low cal, low fat kinds only.