Do I need to reduce my calories

Options
OhMsDiva
OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
I am just throwing this out there to see what the comments are. I have been on an 1800 plan for the past 2 years. I have been losing on that up until about the last month. I went on vacation for Spring Break and pigged out. When I came back, I got strict on eating and logging and I may have lost a lb or 2, but for about the past month I have just been up and down with about the same 10 lbs.
Before I went on vacay, I was the smallest I have been since losing weight. I do not really care if I lose more weight, not a lot anyway, but I do not want to gain. My problem is this. I can probably eat 1500-1600 calories a day and be okay but I really do not want to if I do not have to.
When I put my stats in MFP it still says I should be eating 2070 to lose 1 lb per week. I do measure everything except the unsweetened almond milk and the sugar free creamer I put in my coffee twice a day. I exercise 6 days a week. When I finish my diary each day I am left with hundreds of calories.
Should I continue eating as I am or reduce the amount I am eating when I get ready to start losing again. Thanks

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    I do use a food scale
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Considering your vacation and the water weight issues a woman can deal with monthly, I would say give it another solid 4 weeks. It's possible some random combination of different foods/calories (and I don't want to assume, but... alcohol) from your vaca and the timing of your hormonal cycle just conspired to jerk your weight around for a month. If it goes on for another month, then I would think you might need to consider making a change when you are ready.
  • OhMsDiva
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Considering your vacation and the water weight issues a woman can deal with monthly, I would say give it another solid 4 weeks. It's possible some random combination of different foods/calories (and I don't want to assume, but... alcohol) from your vaca and the timing of your hormonal cycle just conspired to jerk your weight around for a month. If it goes on for another month, then I would think you might need to consider making a change when you are ready.

Thanks for the positive feedback.