Training with Dumbbells - Beginner

Options
I've been considering incorporating dumbbells into my workouts for a while now but I have no idea where to start with them! Was wondering if anyone could give ideas/workouts to try out for a beginner?

Thank you!

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Jamie Easton's live fit trainer
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I bought a book. This one gives multiple exercises for each muscle group, some use dumbbells, some other equipment, some just your body. Youtube has some good workouts too.
  • azazel833
    azazel833 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    I've been considering incorporating dumbbells into my workouts for a while now but I have no idea where to start with them! Was wondering if anyone could give ideas/workouts to try out for a beginner?

Thank you!

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    azazel833 wrote: »

Thank you!

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

This is the one I'm doing right now with some slight modifications.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options

Thank you!

This looks amazing! I'll definitely be trying this in the gym soon!
  • Crackertime
    Crackertime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I 2nd fitness Blender. They will show you how to do it the right way. Do a search for them on YouTube searching with strength in the title. Good luck!
  • reloader77724
    reloader77724 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Start with the three basic moves. Incline DB curls with elbows behind you; hammer curls (no swinging arms); E-Z bar curls (preacher curls) all biceps. Now triceps. Kickbacks; overheD extensions and my favorite: dips. Do all these for 3 sets of 15 for light to moderate wt. You can googles these or search youtube for proper movement. Also, download fitness buddy app its free and great for everyone. Hope this helps.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Thank you!

This looks amazing! I'll definitely be trying this in the gym soon!

Yeah, it hits pretty much everything you could want to hit. There are certain things I do every workout though because I want to hit them hard more than once a week, like tricep rows, stiff leg deadlifts and side bends. The rows because my arms got really big when I gained weight so I don't want super jiggly flabby arms when I slim down so I make sure to hit those triceps hard. And the deadlifts, sidebends and my modified side bends hit my obliques and the muscles at the base of my back/just above my butt which pulls it in tight and helps to form that high rounded booty shelf on top.

I love this workout because it gives you a strong base to follow, but it is also really easy to modify without feeling like you're going "off plan".