I gained : /

Options
For the first time since February ... I gained.

I only have my own self control to blame ... but it sure doesn't feel good to see it on the scale.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Spend a *few* minutes ruminating on what led to you deviating from your plan. Then move on. You have MONTHS of success under your belt, and know what to do!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    For the first time since February ... I gained.

I only have my own self control to blame ... but it sure doesn't feel good to see it on the scale.

are you sure its fat gain and not water?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Gained how much? Water weight can fluctuate as much as 5-8lbs in a single day from eating a ton of sodium. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, but if it becomes a trend then you probably just need to adjust your calories.
  • burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know people talk about water weight... but I weigh every morning when I get up after I pee ... and I have never had a spike before.

Up 2.5 lbs... not killer... maybe it is a water thing I've just never seen it before.

I'll keep tracking... and work on extra deficit.

Thanks guys for the encouragement. Hunger pains are really active in me right now but I'm staying strong.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. Also, what do you think about just weighing in once a week? Or taking your measurements? Looking at that number can be discouraging to look at daily, at least for me it would be.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I know people talk about water weight... but I weigh every morning when I get up after I pee ... and I have never had a spike before.

Up 2.5 lbs... not killer... maybe it is a water thing I've just never seen it before.

Thanks guys for the encouragement. Hunger pains are really active in me right now but I'm staying strong.

:o Wow. I spike all the time. That's pretty amazing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Don't punish yourself with extra deficit. That's unhealthy.
  • burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You guys were right... It was water I guess.

In 3 months of weighing that was my first spike ... but it whooshed back off today.

Thanks for the support