How long does it take you to eat a meal?

Options
spdaphne
spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
I've been working in not inhaling my food which I find most challenging in the morning when I'm trying to get out of the apartment during the week.

But I feel I'm eat I'm slower (20-25 mins) for dinner and sometimes at lunch, depending what time I'm hungry and how much time I have to cover my coworker for lunch. I know it's important to chew and especially to know when I'm full and not overeat.

What about you?

Replies

• WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I inhale my food since I'm used to years of jobs with no breaks and having to to eat as I can.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    15-30 minutes if its a proper meal. Snacks I can scarf down in a minute if I'm in a rush, but I always make sure to take my time, and make sure I do have time to enjoy my meals
  • lifestylechange888
    lifestylechange888 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm also used to eating quickly as a full time supervisor eating at her desk and as a mom to three. However, I have been working hard on putting my fork down between bites and this seems to help.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm an extremely fast eater. Wish I had a nickel for every time I was asked if I tasted my food
  • jusca
    jusca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Slowly. 20-25 minutes. Doesn't matter what it is or how hungry I am lol
  • jen_092
    jen_092 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Depends, but I'm a really slow eater, so probably 25+ minutes. I think it comes down to a lot of things: I take smaller bites than most people, I'm really picky about my food so I might take a lot of time analyzing it (for example to make sure I'm not eating a hunk of fat on my meat), I drink a lot of water in between eating, I talk a lot if I'm with others...
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat really fast... Like 5-10 minutes for a whole meal. I'm a teacher so I'm used to not having much time to myself, but I even do it at dinner and my hubs is only 5 bites in when I'm done...
  • crazyycatladyy1
    crazyycatladyy1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow eater, drives my husband nuts lol. Lunch is my biggest meal of the day and it can take me 30 minutes to get through it, (I'm also usually on MFP so that slows things down).