Breakfast Ideas

Options
SteveVx
SteveVx Posts: 12 Member
I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I like a light breakfast that fuels me for my daily run and I'm wondering what you have for breakfast or if you have any light breakfast ideas. Much appreciated! :)

Replies

• Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I basically have two breakfasts that I switch between. I don't like having to think for breakfast so I try to keep it simple. It's either a homemade egg mcmuffin with an apple, or oatmeal with fruit and nuts.

Egg Muffin - Whole wheat english muffin, 1 egg scrambled cooked in the easy eggwich thingy (https://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-On-Easy-Eggwich/dp/B00NJ37O0Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1495557618&sr=8-2&keywords=easy+egg), 100 cal spicy guacamole or just 1/4 avocado, and a slice of reduced fat cheese, served with an apple. It's quick and easy to put together and keeps me full for a while.

Oatmeal - 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 50 calories worth of fruit (usually mango or strawberries), 90 cals worth of nuts usually slivered almonds or chopped walnuts and two tbsps of craisins.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a banana and a tbsp of peanut butter as run fuel?
  • SteveVx
    Options
    Juniper210 and JeromeBarry1, thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to try the oatmeal one day and the banana/peanut butter the next! What kind of peanut butter do you use? I heard creamy peanut butter isn't good for you.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    hardboiled eggs are easy
  • Gadragonfly
    Gadragonfly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This past weekend I was away from home and eating in a cafe that had quiche that I didn't want, sausage and gravy or biscuits. The day before I had eaten lunch at this cafe and knew she had a great chicken salad. I asked her if she could make me a chicken salad plate. Her first response was, "For Breakfast?!" then quickly said, sure. I had 1/2 cup chicken salad, 3 baby carrots, 2 celery sticks and a slice of quick bread. The best breakfast I've had in quite awhile. I'm thinking of making chicken salad a regular breakfast item in my house.
  • clark59j_99
    clark59j_99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Egg Whites with spinach, onion and peppers and then blueberries and raspberries on the side.
  • nickypessin
    nickypessin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do 2 boiled eggs after my workout. Usually work out on an empty stomach besides coffee. :-/. It holds me over till Lunch or so..
  • SteveVx
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I got some good ideas from them :smile:
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm an overnight oats lover. I start with a base of oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds, protein, and cashew milk. Then I add whatever fruit I have around. Shake it up and refrigerate until morning. Some of my favorite combos are: banana with chocolate protein and pb2, apple with cinnamon, peaches with vanilla protein and a dash of vanilla extract, raisins with cinnamon (it's like eating a cookie for breakfast!).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Current breakfast delight (although I like 350-400 calorie breakfasts so eat other things too) -- plain greek (or regular) yogurt with almond butter.