Lunch meal prep ideas

Options
I've been meal prepping for a few weeks and have run out of ideas!!! Anyone have some yummy, low cal meal preps??

Replies

• happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    We do a variety of things such as tacos and fajitas or we grill up a bunch of chicken thighs and asparagus with mushrooms and tomatoes. We also have done turkey meatballs with spinach parmesan cheese and tomatoes. I tried doing lunch bowls I'd seen on Pinterest however hubby didn't care for those. I hope you find what works for you :)

• HealthyAllison27
    HealthyAllison27 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oooh the turkey meatballs sound good!! I'm having trouble finding stuff that my hubby likes too lol thanks for the ideas :)
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    lettuce wraps w/chicken or tuna salad. I also make a huge batch of either egg roll in a bowl or cauliflower fried rice and take it for lunch each day.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I like sandwiches on Dave's Killer thin sliced bread. Cold cuts are low calorie so you can scale them to your calorie needs. Low fat mayo and mustard are great, and you can fill up that sandwich with your favorite veggies. I put roasted red peppers, shredded carrots, lettuce, cucumber, sprouts in my sandwich. Adds some nice bulk and is super yummy. Sometimes I use half a 100 calorie guacamole packet instead of mayo and mustard.
  • HealthyAllison27
    Options
    lettuce wraps w/chicken or tuna salad. I also make a huge batch of either egg roll in a bowl or cauliflower fried rice and take it for lunch each day.

Oooh egg roll in a bowl sounds good, do you have a recipe??
  • HealthyAllison27
    Options
    I like sandwiches on Dave's Killer thin sliced bread. Cold cuts are low calorie so you can scale them to your calorie needs. Low fat mayo and mustard are great, and you can fill up that sandwich with your favorite veggies. I put roasted red peppers, shredded carrots, lettuce, cucumber, sprouts in my sandwich. Adds some nice bulk and is super yummy. Sometimes I use half a 100 calorie guacamole packet instead of mayo and mustard.

Mmm guacamole over mayo every day!! Lol thanks for the suggestion! :)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Quiches, casseroles, curries, stews, soups, lasagna, pasta... all great meal-prep foods that reheat well. Just go to AllRecipes and check out some of the recipes in the categories I just listed - you'll find thousands of options!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options

1 pound ground pork (but I usually use ground turkey or shredded chicken)
    1 – 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix (shredded carrots and cabbage)
    5 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon ginger, minced
    ⅓ cup soy sauce
    2 tablespoons sesame oil
    Green onions, for garnish
    DIRECTIONS
    In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
    In a large skillet, brown the pork over medium-high heat.
    Add the shredded cabbage and carrots, and stir to combine.
    Add the sauce mixture to the meat and veggies. Stir and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the cabbage has just begun to wilt but is still crunchy.
    Serve over rice, garnished with green onions if desired.
    Simple, delicious, and a little more guilt-free! What do you think of this “Egg Roll In A Bowl”? Are there any other ways you can think of to make egg rolls a little healthier?
  • HealthyAllison27
    Options

1 pound ground pork (but I usually use ground turkey or shredded chicken)
    1 – 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix (shredded carrots and cabbage)
    5 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon ginger, minced
    ⅓ cup soy sauce
    2 tablespoons sesame oil
    Green onions, for garnish
    DIRECTIONS
    In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
    In a large skillet, brown the pork over medium-high heat.
    Add the shredded cabbage and carrots, and stir to combine.
    Add the sauce mixture to the meat and veggies. Stir and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the cabbage has just begun to wilt but is still crunchy.
    Serve over rice, garnished with green onions if desired.
    Simple, delicious, and a little more guilt-free! What do you think of this “Egg Roll In A Bowl”? Are there any other ways you can think of to make egg rolls a little healthier?

Thank youuu, you're the best!
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Leftover dinner.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I do a bunch of medium "boiled" eggs on Sunday to their in my lunch with other stuff I have around. I use my instant pot, and it's quick and they perl easily.

Hard boiling them and making egg salad to eat on sandwiches, wraps or just greens is easy too.