Do you this is achievable?

Options
right now I'm doing the zombie runs base program but I want to start the couch to 5K then I noticed it also had 10K, half marathon, and full marathon as well.

my long term goal is to be healthy and fit by 40 which is in three years I'm thinking a good milestone will be if I can run the Pittsburgh Marathon (which is my hometown) by then

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Depends entirely on where you're starting from and what attitude you have going in!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Unless you're morbidly obese, I think it's definitely in the realm of possibility to finish a marathon in three years, as long as you're diligent in your training.
  • WhitneyDurham777
    WhitneyDurham777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    3 years. You got that. You can do it. Keep healthy and be consistent.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible! Start training and with running smaller races, the move up to running a 1/2 marathon or two and see where you are with moving into doing a whole.

I started running long distance at the age of 46 an will be 49 in a few months, I have no aspirations to run a whole, but I run 2 1/2's every year. The world is full of endless possibilities. Good Luck!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,681 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't get injured by doing too much too soon, you should be able to run a marathon in three years. Just take your time building a good base, do shorter races as you become capable, and you should do well.