Motivational reads?

Options
Can anyone recommend motivational books? I like to read books about people who took on challenges and had to train. I read an interesting book called "the hour" all about the cycling 1 hour record.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I liked "Born to Run" although the author was more of an involved researcher, his training to run some distance and his stories of the ulltradistance runners he met were awesome.
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I listen to podcasts and audiobooks for motivation. I have been listening to the audiobook The Calorie Myth and listening to the podcasts The Model Health Show, Ben Greenfield Fitness, and 40+ fitness podcast. I also listen to the audiobooks/podcasts when I am working out.
  • lioness1910
    lioness1910 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like podcasts, too, when exercising and driving. Hooked on Half Size Me.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    This isn't a new book, but if you haven't read "Touching the Void" by Joe Simpson, I recommend it highly. Wonderful true story of the human spirit, endurance, determination, and the will to survive against all odds.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    "Second Wind: One Woman's Midlife Quest To Run Seven Marathons On Seven Continents." Cami Ostman is not an elite athlete, but just an ordinary woman. If you are looking for perfection, this is not your book. But if you are looking for an inspirational story, this may be your book. Something goes wrong with every single one of these seven marathons. Some of the things that go wrong are sad, and some are incredibly hilarious. Some people review this book saying that she didn't really complete seven marathons. But they are butt heads.
  • Fazeballs
    Fazeballs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi FitFam.... I'm currently reading "FIRST" what it takes to Win, From 2x CrossFit Champion & Fittest Man On Earth Rich Droning Jr. Awesome Read, strongly recommended.
  • Fazeballs
    Fazeballs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    *Correction from my earlier post. 4x crossfit champion.