Fit bit question

Options
So I have a FitBit that of course tracks my steps. It is synced with MFP. I also track my walking workouts on map my fitness which also automatically syncs with MFP. I think MFP is double tracking /double counting my exercise calories. Anyone have any insight on this?

Replies

• Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think MFP is having some issues. Yesterday the website was double tracking my exercise from my apple watch activity app, and today it isn't tracking half my exercise calories. (But the iOS app has worked both days.)
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I would think, that yes, it'd be double tracking, just because you're using two apps that track steps/walking etc. But I've never used two in conjunction like that, so I can't be certain.

Try only using Fitbit, or only using Map My Fitness for a few days and see if the expenditure is the same/different.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Im going to try only using fitbit and seeing how accurate I feel it is, The only time I plan on using mapmywalk is when I go hiking because im not sure fitbit will pick up on it? I have the HR charge two, but just got it yesterday so I have no idea what im doing yet lol!
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I recently upgraded (my broken :/ ) charge to the charge 2, and it seems to be good to go! it should pick up on hikes; good luck!