Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gain 6 lbs in a week WTF?? How is it possible??

Hi, so I've been working out for almost 10 months and lost 80 lbs. I went out on vacation last weekend and for 2 days i didn't follow my diet so pretty much i was eating not the healthiest stuff. When i came back home weighted myself and the scale said that i gain 6 lbs, how is that possible?? It took me 10 months to drop 80 lbs and now i gain 6 in 2 days... It is very disappointing.. Has anybody experinced something like this before??? Are those 6 lbs fat???

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Water weight from increased sodium, more waste in the digestive track, ect. Meaning it's unlikely you gained 6lbs of pure fat. Give it a week or two and it'll start to come down.

If you flew on a plane, add a few from that too.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Extra sodium, water retention from traveling ... unless you ate a crap ton over your goal you did not gain 6lbs of fat. When I return from a trip, I always drink lots of water and wait at least a week before getting on a scale.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Unless you ate 21,000 calories over maintenance, it's not all fat. Maybe a pound at most, the rest water retention from increased sodium intake and traveling.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    If it's lost or gained quickly it's water.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Yes it's possible. Very easy to gain but harder to lose. I lost around 45 pounds before a trip. Went on vacation for 5 days...gained 8 pounds. Took me nearly 6 months to lose that weight I gained in a week. Just resume what you were doing before. You can lose it again.
  • goku2015dios
    goku2015dios Posts: 78 Member
    Thank you for replying, makes me feel better.
    I guess is all the extra sodium that is causing this weight change...
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    I gain 6 lbs almost every week, then lose that 6 lbs in the same week. I take a long international flight just about every week and return home the next day with an extra 5-8 lbs. The next day or 2 days at the most, it's gone.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    It will go away. Sodium, flying and a few extra calories can do that to me.

Hit it a little harder at the gym, increase water, good sleep would maje it go away for me in two days. I also take a probiotic just to make sure my gut is right.