Day one done!

cf20028
cf20028 Posts: 3 Member
So my first day down. I wrote all my food and water down and made some new friends. It was a great start! I hope I stay this motivated for the long haul!

Replies

• haidy4021
    haidy4021 Posts: 1 Member
    Today is my first day also :)
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Old chinese proverb "the journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step". How many calories does one burn walking 1000 miles? Keep it going cf200028!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Congrats!!! someone told me one time that despite all that happens barring anything tragic, you are going to be around in a year..so why not just be a better version of you. It just kinda took a little pressure off that I didn't have to do it all in a rush. Now, that said, being impatient as my friends know is a constant battle for me and they help me realize that.

the bottom line is that getting discourage doesn't help. use that energy to learn, adjust and modify what your doing. I HIGHLY recommend if you can getting a weight trending APP and log your weight over time. I use Happy Scale for iphone and weigh daily. it is a great tool to help you see where you are, at what rate your losing, provides smaller milestones in your long term process that are easier to digest than the sometimes overwhelming number we want to lose.

buy a food scale that weighs in grams and ounces. weigh your food raw before cooking and select the correct entry in the food database..some entries are bad so this is sometimes a little confusing but should be determinable. Why weigh raw?.... there is a lot of water weight in foods that cook out and the database is usually basing the calories on the raw weight. Meats can lose up to 40% of their weight after cooking so as you can see, the grams after cooking would be far less than they should have been logged for.

Don't expect to much too soon. and by all means Never give up!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I remember when I started counting calories how shocked I was. I was overeating by a huge amount. I had to re-train myself on what a proper portion is. I think that was three or four years ago. Stick with it and you'll be glad you did.
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Welcome!