New to dieting. Any advice would be great.

Options
Hi, I'm Greg and I used to be nearly 400 lbs. I lost 100 lbs due to depression and an ulcer I developed from stress. After that experience, I decided that if I was going to loose so much weight I may as well do it in a more healthy way. My son was born not long after and depression is no longer an issue. My life is now filled with the love and support of my family, friends and even my coworkers. I quit smoking and I'm doing my best to eat properly but I've never actually tried to diet before and have no idea what's right and what's wrong. I'm changing my life for my family and myself. If anyone has some solid advice for me I would be very appreciative.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing awesome so far! :)

Just eat at your calorie goal, eat a wide variety of vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats. Fill in the rest of your calories with any foods you like for sanity reasons and let's face it who wants life without a bit of pizza or ice cream ;)

I'd wish you good luck but it doesn't sound like you need it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, right = be in a calorie deficit
    Wrong = eat at maintenance or above
  • BevanKetoNZ
    BevanKetoNZ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Eating your daily food intake in a smaller time window as possible should work. Look into intermittent fasting. If you can skip breakfast 3 or 4 days a week that should extend your fat burning time window. Good luck!