How much do you fluctuate and still consider yourself "maintaining"?

Options
13»

Replies

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    10 pounds. This range makes no difference at all in how my clothes fit. At the higher end, my face starts to look a little fuller, so I would realize it's time to cut back even if I didn't weigh myself.

I'm 5'10" though...you don't see a few pounds one way or the other on me.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    2-3 pounds for normal stuff...more if I eat a ton of salty stuff
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    5 lb range 135-140 thetop end of that range bothers me do I'm cutting to 132 and maintaining a 5 lb range from there. 137 is just fine with me
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Looks like post pregnancy maintenance for me is both a bit higher overall, and a slightly wider range, but looks like about a five pound window, between 115 and 120.

2a64dbjxdubc.png
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I go with a +/- 5lb range. Seems to work really well for me.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Petite and older.. Fluctuations +/- 3 - 4 pounds.. If I go up for more than 7-8 days, something is off.

I am still meticulously logging so not a problem.

Ditto. Except for the "meticulously" part!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @HealthyBodySickMind -Your graph is impressive. Nice job managing the pregnancy weight.
  • spartanhollis
    spartanhollis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    storyjorie wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Petite and older.. Fluctuations +/- 3 - 4 pounds.. If I go up for more than 7-8 days, something is off.

I am still meticulously logging so not a problem.

Thanks, I think I'm going to adopt this criteria. I like the idea of tracking over a 7-8 day span vs. day to day.

I shudder sometimes when I see my weight go up and I know I didn't overeat AND i worked out like a crazy fool the day before my weigh-in. *sigh* sometimes it's so frustrating.... but taking an average over a week is a good idea. That way you can account for water retention (if there is such a thing), your period, and any other thing that may be affecting your weight.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I can pretty much tell within a few days what the week is going to look like, but I'd say at net change of around 2% body weight (for me that's about 3 lbs) change over the 3 days will tell me if I'm on track that week.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    10 weight range. Smaller end of it during back end of spring and summer. Then I add a few lbs over Autumn as I feel the cold terrible over winter.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I have a 5# range, but I've never actually hit the low end :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I have a 5# range, but I've never actually hit the low end :)

Haha why do most us hit the high end, but very rarely the low end :huh:
  • trymary
    trymary Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The app suggested a calorie amount per day. I upped it by 300 calories & lost 30 lbs over a year. During & since the holidays, I've pretty much been going over at least 300 calories everyday! I haven't weighed in in a couple months because I don't have a scale at home. But I'm still fitting comfortably in my newer clothes. I think I'm maintaining a weight that I'm happy with, even though I've been over.
    I have to say, MFP works for me. The drawback is, I have a poor memory & if I don't log my food right away, I'll forget. So as a result, I'm constantly on my phone & people are noticing. My boss, I'm sure, assumes I'm on Facebook. I always tell him I'm logging my foods. My family thinks I shouldn't be on the phone at the dinner table. They're right. But I can't enjoy my dinner unless I know I don't have to worry about logging it!
    It's hard to set an example with the phone in front of my teenagers!
    Point is, if we enter it, were disciplined and can maintain. Just wish everyone around me understood that.