Chicago tips

Options
deedzzz
deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
Hey guys,
anyone from the Chicago area? I am spending a week end there in 2 weeks.
Can anyone suggest a nice place in Downtown Chicago for lunch on a Saturday? and/or for dinner?
Preferably something fancy, since we'll be there celebrating and won't mind paying good money for a good place!

Thanks, appreciate the help!

Replies

• Heidi_11913
    Options
    Giuliana & Bill's restaurant called RPM Italian is in Chicago! My friend went there and said it was the best food she's ever eaten. :)
  • deedzzz
    Options
    Oh yeah i have heard of that! isn't it the one where her mom is the cook??
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For fancy downtown restaurants, I'd pick some place on rush street. There are all kinds of cuisines imaginable. Usually I would just walk down there on a date and we'd pick something nice.

http://www.startherechicago.com/Attraction-maps/rush-street-restaurant-map.html
  • deedzzz
    Options
    For fancy downtown restaurants, I'd pick some place on rush street. There are all kinds of cuisines imaginable. Usually I would just walk down there on a date and we'd pick something nice.

http://www.startherechicago.com/Attraction-maps/rush-street-restaurant-map.html

Cool, thanks a bunch! Been to Chicago a couple of times didn't know of Rush street
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I graduated from high school in the Chicago area, so while I didn't go to downtown very often, for every Christmas Eve and New Years and birthdays and what not, there was usually a trip to the city. Personally, Rush, Navy Pier, and the Magnificent Mile were always places I enjoyed both as a teen and as an adult.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    YELP!!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Tango Sur. Not downtown. But, the best Argentinian food I've had other than my dads.

Take your own bottle of wine with you as they do not serve alcohol and make sure you don't eat the domestic cuts of meat, take the stuff from Argentina! The chimi churry is almost as good as my dads, too.
  • deedzzz
    Options
    YELP!!

Sure I can yelp, but personal recommendations are better