Help with fatigue (besides sleep, obviously)

Options
2»

Replies

• kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've been taking vitamin D supplements with chelated magnesium and I feel better. I'm sure my levels aren't as low as yours but if you can't see your doctor right now that couldn't hurt.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    There is zero calorie Monster. Just sayin'. ;)

With all respect to delicious energy drinks I don't know if this will help any root deficiency here!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I literally can not move around for more than 15 minutes without feeling like I'll pass out

this sounds so much like me with an auto-immune flare. if you're so exhausted that even when you're asleep you can feel the fatigue, then it's something to think about. or if you're fine while you're putting on your shoes and brushing your teeth, but by the time you've walked to the door you're suddenly completely gassed out.

i saw you saying that medical care's not a thing, but i think this is something to keep in mind for when that's addressed. yes, things like nutrition and lifestyle etc can help, but if they do'nt help really significantly then something else is giong on.

in the meantime, the only thing i know of that seems to genuinely suppress a flare is to put everything else non-essential aside and make sleeping a full-time job until the tide turns. usually that takes me three or four days. i imagine that's close to impossible for your situation, and of course nobody knows if what you have is anything to do with auto-immunity. but fwiw anyway.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I literally can not move around for more than 15 minutes without feeling like I'll pass out

this sounds so much like me with an auto-immune flare. if you're so exhausted that even when you're asleep you can feel the fatigue, then it's something to think about. or if you're fine while you're putting on your shoes and brushing your teeth, but by the time you've walked to the door you're suddenly completely gassed out.

i saw you saying that medical care's not a thing, but i think this is something to keep in mind for when that's addressed. yes, things like nutrition and lifestyle etc can help, but if they do'nt help really significantly then something else is giong on.

in the meantime, the only thing i know of that seems to genuinely suppress a flare is to put everything else non-essential aside and make sleeping a full-time job until the tide turns. usually that takes me three or four days. i imagine that's close to impossible for your situation, and of course nobody knows if what you have is anything to do with auto-immunity. but fwiw anyway.

I for years have thought auto immune but the dr hasn't found anything specific yet. And yeah it's basically the way you described it. I literally want to cry because I need to do a simple task sometimes because I feel SO drained.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend that when you can, speak to your doctor about getting your iron and ferritin levels tested. Having anemia and iron overload have basically the same symptoms, including constant fatigue which can manifest itself in many different ways, including a "fuzzy" feeling in your head and being forgetful.

In the meantime, I'd also look into taking B12 - that sometimes helps me out. Also when I feel really fatigued I find that getting some fresh air can make me feel more alert.

If you want to know your hemoglobin level for free, go donate blood. They check it and if it is too low they won't let you give. If you have too much, donating will help you feel better.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I'd recommend that when you can, speak to your doctor about getting your iron and ferritin levels tested. Having anemia and iron overload have basically the same symptoms, including constant fatigue which can manifest itself in many different ways, including a "fuzzy" feeling in your head and being forgetful.

In the meantime, I'd also look into taking B12 - that sometimes helps me out. Also when I feel really fatigued I find that getting some fresh air can make me feel more alert.

If you want to know your hemoglobin level for free, go donate blood. They check it and if it is too low they won't let you give. If you have too much, donating will help you feel better.

Good advice. Plus it's fun too. :smile:
  • GottaluvFood
    GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    fibromyalgia? There is a connection between vitamin d deficiency & fibromyalgia.

Energy nutrients:
    iron - iron eaten with vitamin C is far more readily absorbable than either a pill or alone. In other words, when you eat meat or eggs or beans or whole grains, make sure you're eating a veggie or a fruit. Do you like liver?
    B12 - liver, eggs, chicken, etc.
    vit B (other) - whole grains & seeds. Oats? sunflower seeds? whole wheat?
    vit D - mushrooms, whole milk (the D needs the fat to stick to), salmon
    potassium-avocado, beans, melon, tomato sauce, orange juice. Tomatoes & oranges have potassium, but you'll get so much more from the sauce or juices
    vit E - wheat germ is super high in this. We like it sprinkled on our yogurt, but you can put it on whatever. Also fortified cereals & breads
    zinc - again BEANS
    Magnesium- fish or BEANS

• broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I know, but it's just not the same :( lol. I couldn't even stomach them once I had the real deal. Is there any "original" diet monster?

The white Monster Zero Ultra is the best, IMO. I've never had any of the regular ones.

In fact, look what is sitting on my desk in front of me right now... ;)

j4z8rd022qx4.jpg

The new violet one taste pretty good just like grape soda, harder to find but been tempted to buy a 24 pack from amazon. If you have an aldi around you they carry white gridlock which taste better than the monster in my opinion and its only 99cents. Everytime I go there I buy them all lol.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    praykathy wrote: »
    fibromyalgia? There is a connection between vitamin d deficiency & fibromyalgia.

Energy nutrients:
    iron - iron eaten with vitamin C is far more readily absorbable than either a pill or alone. In other words, when you eat meat or eggs or beans or whole grains, make sure you're eating a veggie or a fruit. Do you like liver?
    B12 - liver, eggs, chicken, etc.
    vit B (other) - whole grains & seeds. Oats? sunflower seeds? whole wheat?
    vit D - mushrooms, whole milk (the D needs the fat to stick to), salmon
    potassium-avocado, beans, melon, tomato sauce, orange juice. Tomatoes & oranges have potassium, but you'll get so much more from the sauce or juices
    vit E - wheat germ is super high in this. We like it sprinkled on our yogurt, but you can put it on whatever. Also fortified cereals & breads
    zinc - again BEANS
    Magnesium- fish or BEANS

Thank you very much! I love beans. :)
  • Verity1111
    Options

I know, but it's just not the same :( lol. I couldn't even stomach them once I had the real deal. Is there any "original" diet monster?

The white Monster Zero Ultra is the best, IMO. I've never had any of the regular ones.

j4z8rd022qx4.jpg

The new violet one taste pretty good just like grape soda, harder to find but been tempted to buy a 24 pack from amazon. If you have an aldi around you they carry white gridlock which taste better than the monster in my opinion and its only 99cents. Everytime I go there I buy them all lol.

low calorie though?
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    Options

j4z8rd022qx4.jpg

low calorie though?

No calories.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

j4z8rd022qx4.jpg

As someone else has mentioned above, adding a bunch of caffeine for someone that doesn't know the root cause of their issue is very poor advice.

With or without calories.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

OMG they taste horrible to me. Red bull girl all the way!!!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I like the orange zero calorie Monster rather than the white can- just my preference. I like the original taste but none of the diet ones can replicate that.

Try to work with your doctor on the issues you have when you can go back. If your fatigue is that severe, then you need to get to the bottom of it. Good luck with everything and hopefully some of these suggestions will help in the meantime before you can go back to the doctor.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Ditch the monster and caffeinated drinks, they bring you up then crash on the way down. Try to keep you sugar even, the coming down from a sugar spike is very tiring. can you home test for Vit D? At the very least, since you know it's an issue, take a Vit D supplement.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    Ditch the monster and caffeinated drinks, they bring you up then crash on the way down. Try to keep you sugar even, the coming down from a sugar spike is very tiring. can you home test for Vit D? At the very least, since you know it's an issue, take a Vit D supplement.

I'm not sure. I know nothing about home tests or if they exist.