Trying to Get Back on the Wagon

Options
It FINALLY happened. I was scrolling through the Easter pics in my phone and remember asking myself "Who's the chubby girl in the picture?" Sure, I'd noticed that some clothes didn't fit any more, but I'm turning 40... those are just extra sexy...

Yeah... Changed that tune.

So, I've been back on the saddle since May 1. The thing is, I KNOW what to do because I was a bikini model in my late 20's, but LIFE happened. I don't have a "reasonable" excuse for the 25 pounds I've gained. I don't have children, so baby weight won't cut it. I just LOST myself.

Two years ago, I had to bring my elderly Dad to live with me. I quickly learned that I wasn't cut out for caregiving, and it was just dangerous to keep Dad at home, so I found a lovely Assisted Living Facility for him, but I felt AWFUL for "putting him away". I started eating. Then I lost my good paying job and started eating some more. My relationship fell apart, so I ate more...

Now my life is a constant blur of working two jobs (to help pay for the nicest place I can find to "put Dad away"), visiting Dad as much as possible AND trying to work out.

I've been managing it, but I'M EXHAUSTED!!! I literally broke down at the gym yesterday because of the stupid number on the scale. I seriously think much of my failure is emotional, and it's taking ALL I have not to just scrap this whole thing. I'm already sick of the healthy food, no matter how tasty it is.

I just want chicken wings, pizza and chocolate. This is SO Hard!!!

Replies

• sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sweet friend, that's hard. I can't imagine modeling, that must have been crazy. I say do what your can to address the very deep emotional stuff. I have found a YouTube channel (search couple loses 130 pounds) that addresses emotional eating and was very encouraged by what they say.

I would also say, try to fit in that pizza and chocolate! No point being miserable. I was shocked when I realized you shouldn't be miserable whole losing weight. Really, easy enough calories and the stuff you like, over time you'll lose if you're in a deficit!

Grace, Grace to you, you've got a lot going on! You can do it!