squats and burpess!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jaimeolive
    jaimeolive Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You will 100% lose fat with burpees.. one of the biggest bang for your buck cardio exercises. You would definitely notice a difference in 1 month if you had not been doing this kind of training before (not for your glutes - for fat loss).

A typical metabolic conditioning session for me would be:
    16 Deadlifts (50% of max) / 2 burpees then pyramid this set as follows..
    14 / 4
    12 / 6
    10 / 8
    8 / 10
    6 / 12
    4 / 14
    2 / 16

This is my cardio, I would do something similar 2/3 times a week on days I don't lift. Prior to this I was doing steady state. In 3 months I cut 3% body fat while gaining 2kg muscle mass - measured by inbody scan. In addition heavy compound lifts...
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to reiterate what everyone has already said for me LOL, but if you want to see physical changes through exercise, just remember to keep "confusing the muscles" and add challenges. You can do this by increasing the intensity (weight of something, more plyo, etc), increasing reps, etc. You need to make sure your body does not get too used to the move. There's no specific number to give you for the amount of burpees you should do because the body a whole lot more complicated with things than just numbers. Start with a program you can be consistent and hardworking with. Good luck and hope this helps. :)

There is a huge difference between "confusing the muscles" (something that is meaningless and doesn't exist) and progressive overload. "Muscle confusion" is a marketing term that has no useful relevance in practice. Progressive overload is how you make improvements. More weight, more reps, same weight/reps in less time, many ways to achieve this.