2 months after stopping phentermine

Options
2»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    acabrera23 wrote: »
    Wow, Thanks everyone for your responses. I've learned to balance my diet and exercise so I'm not feeling weak and tired. I obviously had withdrawals then I was sick with an infection which explained the weakness and fatigue. I will get blood work done just to be on the safe side. I was on phentermine for about 7 years on and off and I've been phentermine free for 6 months now. I never felt better! I actually don't miss the jitters and migranes. I naturally have energy once I begin working out. I notice while doing cardio if I keep up my heart rate I burn way more calories and I feel great!

To the skepticals, in regards to how much I burn, yes I do use the cardio machine calorie counter and so far, it's working. I lost 5 lbs since this post and I've maintained my weight by adding some plyometrics workouts and getting back into boxing.

Now remember, everyone's has different bodies. Just because you weigh more than me, that doesn't necessarily mean you burn more than me.

if you lost 5 lbs then how are you maintaining your weight? maintenance and weight loss comes to down to calories. if you eat less than you burn you lose weight,if you eat the same you maintain. and eat more than you burn and you gain.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nonies0401 wrote: »
    One thing that helped me immensely - Vitamin B! Get a good complex vitamin B and take it every day. In about two weeks you will have a huge energy boost. I found that the sublingual drops worked really well. Also, definitely start lifting weights, whether they are free weights or gym machines. You have to build up the muscle to help burn the fat. You WON'T bulk up and you will help tighten the skin and lose the 'jiggle.'

if she is deficient in vitamin B then sure(only way to find out is having blood work done) but to take it just for a boost in energy doesnt mean it will do just that.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You're not burning 800 calories in an hour. Sorry.
    Look at the quality of your calories - fruit and veggies? Enough protein, fat, whole grains?
    Check your iron levels.

Definitely, I have a feeling the OP has the treadmill up on the highest incline and is hanging off of it. This is why my ex used to do and she thought she was burning around the same amount but 800-1000cal/hr is a huge burn rate and requires an amazing VO2max.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I hope you figure it all out! I wish you the best of luck.
  • Sandythinandfit
    Sandythinandfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm starting fresh here. Please friend me! I took Phen for quite awhile and lost a lot of weight. What helped me the most was logging my food. It kept me honest. As with any diet, it seems like my fat cells had a memory and wanted me to gain weight, and fast. I'm gaining weight. This is my second day back here.I honestly logged my calories for the first time in ages. I saw I ate 3000 calories. One problem is the wine I am drinking.

I am going to talk to my doctor about starting Lomaira and getting back to logging my food here. I think that would help me. As you probably know, Phen wears off gradually during the day. Lomaira a low dose Phen that you take three times a day. If my doctor thinks it would be good, I am going to try it.

• Sandythinandfit
    Sandythinandfit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    By the way, the picture of me was when I had lost all the weight by taking Phentermine. I want to get back to how I looked there!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    OP, if you’re using a cardio machine to calculate your cal burns it will not be accurate. I recommend getting an Apple watch to calculate your cal burns much more accurately. Like ninerbuff said above you’re not burning 800 to 1000 cals in the gym in one hour. It’s not possible. I do 2+ hours of cardio every single day & I burn between 600 & 1000 cals but that is in 2 full hours sometimes more than 2 hours a day. As I recall a few years ago on MFP people using machines to calculate cal burns were vastly inaccurate, I believe Ellipticals for instance give you a really inaccurate reading. GL.