BEFORE AND AFTER TRANSFORMATION BS!

Options
I just found this on GoKaleo and really liked it. It's about a guy who did a series of "before and afters" in the course of ONE HOUR. I think this is important for people such as myself who beat ourselves up over not looking how we think we are supposed to look.

here's the link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-dixon/weight-loss-secrets_b_3643898.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Replies

• a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    That's some pretty crazy stuff!

Also, why can't I take "afters" that good? My lighting must suck, lol.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that.

AND you look great, doll.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of the gif saying "don't try to look like the models in the magazines. The models don't even look like the models in the magazines"

Good thread and good article.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    Posting the pics so everyone reads it

His one hour progress pictures
    lZJiwI1.jpg

ANJQI8K.jpg
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i still don't believe that the photos were done in under an hour. he looks 20 lbs heavier in the first. but yeah, i guess it goes to prove all the smoke and mirrors in not only before/after photos but in the commercial advertising/modeling industries.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for this! I need to get some better lighting.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just watched that guy on the news today...kind of makes you wonder eh?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I needed to read that.

I don't think I ever bought into the before/after BS, but I do beat myself up for not seeing results. I lost a lot really fast initially, and I'm at a point where its tougher to lose, and I just give myself hell for it.

I definitely need to remember that the transformation I want is going to take YEARS!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad. Not all before and afters are gimmicks. Mine are true. They are the result of a lot of hard work and dedication. Not just good lighting. Of coarse I flexed in my after to show my new amazing arm muscles. Don't think all before and afters are fake. In my before I did not push out my stomach. I was not bloated.

I think there is more than an one hour difference in these photos.

Edited because of my phones autocorrect.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Why did they shave his head...? lol
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    i still don't believe that the photos were done in under an hour. he looks 20 lbs heavier in the first. but yeah, i guess it goes to prove all the smoke and mirrors in not only before/after photos but in the commercial advertising/modeling industries.

I have to agree. If I had to wager I would say the author is practicing some deception in order to prove a point about the deception that goes on in transformation photos.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    This makes me sad. Not all before and afters are gimmicks. Mine are true. Of coarse I flexed in my after to show my new amazing arm muscles. Don't think all before and afters are fake. In my before I did not push out my stomach. I was not bloated.

I think there is more than an one hour difference in these photos.

I think he is mainly referring to people who model for the diet merchandisers.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options

when you're as lean as he is its east to puff out your stomach and look fatter. my cousin is a gymnast and almost looks 5 months preg when he pushes out his stomach. crazy
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    when you're as lean as he is its east to puff out your stomach and look fatter.

Ding ding. Just have to relax the outer and push the inner. Also hunch the back a bit.

And lighting is huge, especially in the 15-19% he's at.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Interesting!

Going to play with some lighting tonight
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Am I the only one who's gonna call bull**** on this??
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    I wish i could do that :/
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've shown friends that if I slouch and stick my stomach out I look much fatter than I am. Doesn't mean you should question every transformation photo. Most people paid by supplement companies to pose in the ads don't even use the supplements. I have several friends who are sponsored athletes and have never used the products they promote. The company pays to use the image and the athlete accepts payment to promote the products.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    this could be true, i notice myself being fit and perhaps ripped sometimes but there are times when i look fat. but the point here is to focus on healthy lifestyle rather than for visual attractiveness only