HOPE

Options
It's been a while since I been on fitnesspal, but now I'm back and I'm trying a new diet. Well not so new.. but it's called the ketogenic diet and I've tried to be on it before in the past but didn't last long on it... I guess because I didn't know what I was doing the first time around. So I did a lot more research that I needed to know and found a bunch of good ways to adjust to such a strict diet.

One of the big mistakes that I made was that I didn't understand how to add more fat into my diet specially when when your not use to doing so and it seems overwhelming. Because people have taught you throughout your whole life that eating too much fat is bad for you, it can clog up your arteries, cause high blood pressure, gives you heart attacks etc, etc...and that you should stick to a low fat diet.

That scared the living crap out of me and after seeing my mom go through her health problems I decided to follow this "healthy" diet and I did so for the next 5 years. Now don't get me wrong I did lose weight with this diet but I was always struggling because I didn't feel like I was getting enough from it. There be times that I would be up at night pacing back and forth in the kitchen because I was still hungry! But I kept on the diet and did my exercises and everything else that I thought was right.

Until one day when I was having my yearly check up at this new job I was working at...they said that everything else looked fine and that I had a healthy bmi except that my blood pressure was very high. I didn't understand why so I went to another doctor who said the same thing. Now how in the ham sandwich was I still able to get high blood pressure on a diet they recommend? Plus now their trying to shove pills down my throat.

Having high blood pressure can also lead to a lot more problems...such as effecting your kidney function...The problems that I am starting to have now. I had an ultrasound and they couldn't fine anything but they still wanted to keep an eye on my kidneys. They wanted to do another ultrasound but I didn't go back... I was too scared to. Kidney disease runs on both sides of my family because my mom and my uncle has it. I had to go through training in order to learn how to put my mom on the machine everyday for four hours for her kidney disease.

Replies

• Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome back. Sorry to hear of your kidney scare. I hope it turns out alright.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    How much sodium are taking in? Are you under lots of stress daily?