I didn't eat all my calories...

Options
rlwanner
rlwanner Posts: 2 Member
I did not eat all my calories for yesterday (allowed 1300, only ate 800), does this mean I can eat and make up those calories today? Or do you typically not eat more than what your daily allowance should be no matter how little you ate the day before?

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Your calorie goal is already at a deficit. Meaning, you could eat 1301 calories every day and you would still lose weight.

How you want to manage your deficit depends on your lifestyle. On Sunday, I am going out to dinner and will have wine and a ton of pizza. Knowing this, this week I am eating about 50 calories less a day so that I don't completely blow my deficit. Maybe try looking at your calories in a weekly view rather than a daily view.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Eating only 800 calories is not healthy - the recommended healthy amount is about 1200 at minimum depending on your size, and you def should not go below 1000. If I were you, I would try to make up the difference (healthily, not binging on chocolate cake!). If this was a one-time deal, don't stress it too much, but try not to make a practice of eating that little.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Some people prefer to adhere to a weekly goal rather than daily goal.

So if your daily goal is 1300, that would equal a 9100 calorie weekly goal. So as long as you meet that weekly goal, the daily goal doesn't matter as much.