I can't stop with the peanut butter

Options
2»

Replies

• NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    JIFF makes individual servings. Not sure if that would help but you could eat one and be done.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is good.. but pricey. It's averaging about $7 plus tax for a pint, and it averages about 20g of protein and somewhere around 12g of fiber per pint for 320 calories (that's the peanut butter cup version). An 88g Peanut Butter Fit Crunch Bar is 30g Protein, 2g fiber for about 380 calories. The two biggest differences are the Fit Crunch Bar will cost you about $2.50, where the pint of Halo Top is about $7. More protein, less cost, tastes great, I choose the Fit Crunch Bars every time. To compensate for my ice cream cravings, I buy the Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom flavors, which range from 80-120 cals per half cup, have a ton of fiber, and a half gallon at the local store is about $7.

I got some Halo Top at Kroger the other week on sale about half price...so I stocked up. Otherwise, I agree it is pretty pricey...

I will have to check out the Fit Crunch Bar- never had that brand before.

If you can find them (they are rare) you can get snack sized Fit Crunch bars that are around 190 cals and about the size of a Quest bar. I believe those are 16g protein. But the larger 88g versions are 30g and very tasty baked 7-layer bars. Closest thing you'll find to a candy bar out there. Sugar content is probably higher than other bars, but I'm not restricted with sugar so I ignore it. I'd almost rather have a little sugar than some of the sweeteners they put in those things. Wal-Mart carries most flavors of Fit Crunch.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I have a container of kraft peanut butter I have my pb2 better for the calories there but I can't stop putting my fingers in the kraft peanut butter!!!!!! It's so good help

I'm not sure this would work for you but I ADORE peanut butter so to get in my daily craving I have pb & j on toast every morning before work.
    I never thought about that. That is a good idea. I have pb in the house but I rarely eat it. I just eat the PBfit if I have a craving and it works for me.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Buying natural peanut butter helps me because it is not as sweet so I don't want to overeat but still is good. So if it is a food that cause you to overeat and go over controlled portions, then throw it out.

I can attest to the efficacy of switching to natural pb. It was part of a play I made to help with sugar cravings. I decided not to dump it altogether as it was/is a staple in my kids' school lunches.

One day many weeks later, I tried going back to regular pb (w/ the added sugar) and found that the extra sweetness was overkill. Mission accomplished for me! I hope you find a solution among all these replies that works for you.
  • Michellelynn219
    Michellelynn219 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bikemom06 wrote: »
    JIFF makes individual servings. Not sure if that would help but you could eat one and be done.
    I was going to say the same thing, 250 calories a serving.

Or Skippy natural peanut butter- 2TBS @ 190 calories. Just fit it in, it's too good not to :)

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    You know what is good? The Peanut Butter Cup Halo Top Ice Cream- that stuff is delicious and the whole pint was like 380 calories.

Otherwise, I try not to keep food around that I will want to overindulge myself with. Buying natural peanut butter helps me because it is not as sweet so I don't want to overeat but still is good. So if it is a food that cause you to overeat and go over controlled portions, then throw it out.

I have a pint in my freezer right now. So good
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Learn from man's best friend and put your PB into a human chew toy, only way to really make it last.

Also builds your tongue dexterity and strength :D

pictures-016.jpg
    Lol. My niece wouldn't eat peanut butter for a long time because she associated it with the dog's chew toy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    You know what is good? The Peanut Butter Cup Halo Top Ice Cream- that stuff is delicious and the whole pint was like 380 calories.

Otherwise, I try not to keep food around that I will want to overindulge myself with. Buying natural peanut butter helps me because it is not as sweet so I don't want to overeat but still is good. So if it is a food that cause you to overeat and go over controlled portions, then throw it out.

Ya, nut butters like Nutella and Justin's with the extra sugar (and chocolate) are hard for me to moderate but I have no problems with unsweetened PB. Some natural brands I see everywhere are Smucker's and Teddie's.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I actually never liked peanut butter growing up, until I discovered natural peanut butter (only peanuts and salt), which I like. I prefer almond butter, though, which I am currently kind of obsessed with. A tablespoon in some plain yogurt is great (discovery due to MFP).

Still haven't tried Nutella, or any chocolate/nut butter combinations, and am pretty sure I should not. ;-)