I have a 150 pounds to lose and I am looking for positive friends to keep me going

Options
2»

Replies

• SnatchPosse
    SnatchPosse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I gained a bunch of weight quickly and am now trying to take it off. Hopefully your journey will go smoothly but don't get discouraged by false starts (if you lose some then gain it back). Try to separate food from whatever else is going on so that even during a stressful week you're staying mostly on track. What I keep reminding myself when I get discouraged is that there's no way to cheat in weight loss. You can't go around the hard stuff, you've just got to face it head on and go through it. And the more you lose, the easier it is to exercise. As others have said, don't give up because of a slip. Everyone slips. Forget it and just keep going. Feel free to add me.
  • Kookum1129
    Kookum1129 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am on the same journey - feel free to add me. We can chat and figure out what exactly being healthy is all about.
    94050137156 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This will be a long journey. I have accepted that. I have also accepted the fact that my weight is what I use to keep people away. I am trying to stop this so I am looking for some people who are willing to be positive and friendly through my journey.

First of all I want to wish you a lot of luck and above all, a healthy journey to your final goal. The number 1 rule to losing weight quickly is to count your calorie intake, it doesn't matter what you eat( it will matter if you want to improve on different aspect than just mere weight loss). You can still drink or eat stuff you adore and can't leave aside, but count the calories you take and this will be a fun and simple way to lose weight.

Good luck!!
  • Minniiiii
    Minniiiii Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, you can do this! I've lost weight before on MFP, we're here to help each other :smile: I'm down to losing just 33pounds now.
  • resnaiskat
    resnaiskat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I started at 293 lbs. My goal weight is 175lbs or less..140 lb is optimal weight for me. I started on 5/13/17. So I will be here to encourage you and you can encourage us as well... We got this!
  • Perissology
    Perissology Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same journey my friends. Let's help one another get there .
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, you can add me if you like. Have got 100lbs to lose, have lost 16 so far, and I weigh 220lbs.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have about 130 lbs or so to lose. I am always looking for motivational supportive friends as well! Add me if you'd like! :)
  • EllieBellie79
    EllieBellie79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I have been going strong since January. I love to help and support others as much as I can. I have about another 70lbs to go and I started at 302lbs.
  • LCHFLover
    LCHFLover Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi Sleepndream, I just posted almost the same intro as you! haha! Got the same amount to lose, would love to be your friend. I am new to this so don't even know how to add a friend. I've been as high as 340.4. Started May 1 at 297.4 and am 288.2 now. I need all the help I can get so would love any friends who want to add me. I am also a very supportive person and very positive now that I have been overcoming my emotional overeating. I feel like a new woman! Love and light to all of you!
  • jlbarker1
    jlbarker1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me as well. I have lost 20lbs with MFP and am always wanting to talk with people that struggle with the same struggles that I do.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'll send you an add. I like your realistic approach to this! I think you are well on your way of discovering how awesome you can really be. I've lost almost 80lbs using MFP and still losing more!
  • sirkee2016
    sirkee2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Sleepndream, I am with you and you can add me as a friend. I started on October 23rd 2016 and I weighed 295. The heaviest I have ever been. With the help of fitness pal and "Burn the fat, feed the muscle" I weighed today at 212 lbs 83 lbs gone!!! You can do this

Kee
  • tbudro
    tbudro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This will be a long journey. I have accepted that. I have also accepted the fact that my weight is what I use to keep people away. I am trying to stop this so I am looking for some people who are willing to be positive and friendly through my journey.

Same here!! I've lost 88 lbs.... I've battled weight my whole life. I'm 12 lbs from my first goal, I feel amazing, and weigh less now than I did in high school. It's a long road, but it's worth it! You will do great!!
  • aevea
    aevea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im on the same path to lose 100lbs+.

Add me and let's motivate each other!
  • sincitycyclops
    sincitycyclops Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I lost 104.2 so far!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me looking for more friends!
  • gentlemudkip
    gentlemudkip Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    gl on your journey buddy! I started two months ago and have lost about 1.5 pounds a week. The best advice I can give you is to start easy on yourself and eat healthy foods you genuinely enjoy. One snack I love that you might enjoy as well is some smuckers peanut butter on whole wheat bread, but remember to eat in moderation! (I try to limit myself to one serving a day). Much love <3

• luvthewaves
    luvthewaves Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Sleepdream, Feel free to add me. I have a long journey also. We are all in this together :)
  • AdrianNunn
    AdrianNunn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck dude. I'm 31, 6'2" and 430lbs. I'm trying to get down to 275lbs I the next 2 years. If I get the weight off I'm going to enlist in the army. I hope you achieve your goals.