The power of sleep

Sleep plays a big role in our overall weight loss plan. One the many things I learned during my weight loss program. Getting enough sleep is so important if you are planning to shed fat or build muscle or just lose weight. It affects your diet, energy, hormones, everything!

When you get enough sleep, your energy rises up to its maximum level. You're like a Lamborghini with full tank. You feel good. You feel more determined on what you have to do for the entire day. You have more power to control your hunger. You have more energy to lift that weight or do a HIIT cardio or bodyweight exercise, with or without a bottle of energy drink.

If you lack of sleep, you feel hungry all the time and you have less energy to exercise. Sometimes, a cup of coffee isn't enough to fuel you up.

There are so many advatages it does to you when you get enough sleep. So if you want to get that body you've been wanting for so long, I suggest you get enough sleep. Include it to your daily goals. Combine it with eating right and exercise and you'd be surprised with the result.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Then life, kids and work get in the way, and you make do with whatever sleep you can get.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Sleep the pounds away! Ooh yeah! It's a luxury!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Enough sleep is my white whale.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Every six months of intense training I take a week off to recover, I know when I start to hit the wall from my training, because I feel like *kitten* all the time lol.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    if i dont get enough sleep i can retain anywhere from 11-15lbs of water.. sleep is so vital!! drinking my water now and plan on getting enough rest tomorrow
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    O...k?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    That all sounds ideal and nice.. but life gets in the way...my kid doesn't sleep so it's just not possible for me.

Would it be easier on more sleep? Probably. But I have to make the little sleep I get work for me, and I think I've done pretty well so far.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Good morning!