Looking for a running partner in Brighton UK

I am desperately looking for someone in the same situation as me.
I have walked loads before but have never ever run. I have absolutely no motivation to run on my own so am looking for another running novice to start to train with me, maybe starting with the couch to 5K programme.
I live in Hove and work flexibly so can fit in with you most of the time. I am looking for someone who would like to give running a go, maybe 3-4 times a week.
Thanks
Lou

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    There is a website that you can use to match running partners. You put in your location and level. Can't remember its name but you may find it by googling.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    If you can't find anyone - don't use this as an excuse. Couch 25k is great. If you search it on here you'll find loads of apprehensive people who now love running.
  • parnas70
    parnas70 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for your suggestions Jaz.
    I have googled but can only find running clubs for experienced runners of beginners groups that want to charge you to teach you to run! I'm not paying for it, I just want a partner!
    Hopefully someone else will be up for it!
    Lou
  • blackNBUK
    blackNBUK Posts: 58 Member
    Is Jogging Buddy the site you were thinking of? I haven't used it myself but there are plenty of people listed in Brighton. You can find it here:-

http://www.joggingbuddy.com